GDT: UFC Fight Night: Yusuff vs. Barboza

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Lmao, didn’t see any of it but apparently after Pat beat the hell out of Jackson for the first two rounds he was too gassed to get up from the stool for round 3 so he takes the L :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 16Skippy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lmao, didn’t see any of it but apparently after Pat beat the hell out of Jackson for the first two rounds he was too gassed to get up from the stool for round 3 so he takes the L :laugh:
That’s f***ing incredible

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Not UCF, but any thoughts on KSI losing?
KSI vs. Tommy Fury misses the whole point of the YouTube boxing thing for me....to the extent I care about it at all. It needs to be a) the YouTuber being the bad guy picking a fight with MMA like what Jake Paul is doing or b) a freak show like Logan Paul vs. Dillion Danis.

But I'm not a fan of KSI or the Paul brothers and the only reason I know who they are is because of this boxing stuff getting covered by MMA media. If their fans are entertained by 2 guys who don't really know how to box fighting each other, have fun.

Reactions: S E P H

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I've probably watched more of the influencer boxing than I care to admit. Caught the last two fights on Saturday.

Danis was a predictable joke. Logan Paul isn't really a boxer, but it doesn't really matter when you're fighting a bjj coach. I also find Logan Paul to be a massive dork and I'm shocked he has the fan base he has.

I don't really know much about KSI but I found that fight absolutely awful. I wasn't scoring it but it seemed close. I thought taking the point away was justified. KSI just came off as a whiny sore loser after the fight while every time I've seen Tommy Fury he seems like the most normal person in a room filled with idiots. So, I'm glad Fury won.

If this was a round of golf we would be around the 13th or 14th hole of influencer boxing. I don't think it's over quite yet but I would set the over/under at around 2 years before this stuff is done.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, I don't really understand either, but for some reason, these fights were being hyped up. I don't know why people follow Logan Paul, but I know KSI became famous for his over-the-top reactions to opening FIFA Ultimate Team card packets lol. I don't blame them for taking advantage of their fame, I just don't understand why people make them famous in the first place.

Reactions: 16Skippy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, I don't really understand either, but for some reason, these fights were being hyped up. I don't know why people follow Logan Paul, but I know KSI became famous for his over-the-top reactions to opening FIFA Ultimate Team card packets lol. I don't blame them for taking advantage of their fame, I just don't understand why people make them famous in the first place.

Yeah I'm a bit too old to really understand it all. At least with Jake Paul he has some charisma, I don't really see it with Logan

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I've probably watched more of the influencer boxing than I care to admit. Caught the last two fights on Saturday.

Danis was a predictable joke. Logan Paul isn't really a boxer, but it doesn't really matter when you're fighting a bjj coach. I also find Logan Paul to be a massive dork and I'm shocked he has the fan base he has.

I don't really know much about KSI but I found that fight absolutely awful. I wasn't scoring it but it seemed close. I thought taking the point away was justified. KSI just came off as a whiny sore loser after the fight while every time I've seen Tommy Fury he seems like the most normal person in a room filled with idiots. So, I'm glad Fury won.

If this was a round of golf we would be around the 13th or 14th hole of influencer boxing. I don't think it's over quite yet but I would set the over/under at around 2 years before this stuff is done.
I know I've used this reference on here before, but it's just so fitting.

"Some events are so news worthy, so historic, that you have to stop everything to watch. Balloon Boy, Michael Jackson's funeral. Things that if you didn't see them live, you wouldn't really care that you didn't see them at all."

- Jim from the Office

That's how I feel about this stuff. I actually meant to catch Paul-Danis because Logan's a big dude who's clearly on steroids, Danis can't strike, and I thought Logan might KO him...which would be fun to see.But I got caught up watching football or hockey or something and missed it. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad