1701723326695.png

Date: December 9, 2023
Venue: UFC Apex
City: Las Vegas, Nevada
Time: 10 pm ET/7 pm PT
Viewing: ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass

MAIN CARD (ESPN+)

Bantamweight bout: Song Yadong vs. Chris Gutierrez
Light Heavyweight bout: Anthony Smith vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
Bantamweight bout: Sumaderji vs. Tim Elliott
Lightweight bout: Nasrat Haqparast vs. Jamie Mullarkey
Middleweight bout: Jun-yong Park vs. Andre Muniz
Welterweight bout: Song Kenan vs. Kevin Jousset

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+)

Flyweight bout: Hyun-sung Park vs. Shannon Ross
Lightweight bout: Steve Garcia vs. Melquizael Costa
Women's Bantamweight bout: Luana Santos vs. Stephanie Egger
Flyweight bout: Tatsuro Taira vs. Carlos Hernandez
Women's Strawweight bout: Rayanne dos Santos vs. Talita Alencar​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So weird how they keep burying Taira on undercards

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Nedoh, Ditcheva, Kakhorov, and Kaszuba are your inaugural PFL Europe champions. These are the fighters I picked to win them. Great finishes for all 4.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Don't agree with the Park scorecard (for any rounds really). Park had 30 seconds of half decent ground and pound at the tail end of the first round and 1minute of punching the canvas at the tail end of the 3rd round. Other than that he was smothered. I understand the damage criteria but I really don't think the few short hammer fists in the 3rd and then punching his arms/canvas wins that fight. Thought Muniz clearly won the fight and probably every round in my eyes.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Tim Elliott looked very good in there for 10 days notice. Very unorthodox, pretty much did whatever he wanted, didn't take too much damage.

Reactions: m9

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Smith was outclassed in there. He's a tough guy but it only gets you so far at this point in his career. Roundtree just picked him apart. Great job by him and Mark Smith on the whole finishing sequence preventing further damage to A. Smith.

Reactions: 16Skippy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Really not sure what Anthony Smith's gameplan was there. Clearly losing the stand-up and just gave up on the takedowns.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Smith needs to be less of a company man and more of a selfish man. Preserve your brain a little bit more because that wasn't worth whatever they paid him.

Khalil didn't look very good IMO. He has looked better before and definitely didn't look like a top 10 fighter. He has power but he seems to over swing when he misses and he misses a lot. Obviously he hit Smith a lot and Smith didn't hit him a lot but I can't imagine he would look great against some of the higher ranked fighters. Would love to see him tighten it up a little bit more like Gaethje did before his resurgence.

Really not sure what Anthony Smith's gameplan was there. Clearly losing the stand-up and just gave up on the takedowns.
His game plan was to walk forward into Khalil's range and get hit. Roundtree was always looking for counter hooks and Smith did nothing to try and combat that. I thought the clear advantage was for Smith on the ground but maybe he felt Khalil's strength and decided he wasn't going to get one?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Would love to see Rountree against one of the top five guys next. I think stepping in v Rakic would be great if he could do it. Otherwise, either Jiri or Jan. Hope they don't get lazy and just do Krylov v Rountree because they'll be ranked close.

Really wondering what they do with Pereira next though.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Would love to see Rountree against one of the top five guys next. I think stepping in v Rakic would be great if he could do it. Otherwise, either Jiri or Jan. Hope they don't get lazy and just do Krylov v Rountree because they'll be ranked close.

Really wondering what they do with Pereira next though.
I think the only guy he has a chance against is Rakic but I've been wrong before. Anyone who can mix it up more and not just be a sitting duck should give him a challenge. Would love to see him use more leg kicks though since he's so damn powerful with them.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think the only guy he has a chance against is Rakic but I've been wrong before. Anyone who can mix it up more and not just be a sitting duck should give him a challenge. Would love to see him use more leg kicks though since he's so damn powerful with them.

Made sense to not kick as much tonight given Smith probably would have tried to wrestle.

But yeah, I'm not super high on him or anything but I think he deserves an interesting fight.

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad