GDT: UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Spann/Bellator 266: Davis vs Romero

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It seems like whatever Rumble is going through is life threatening so that’s not great

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don’t think they operate that way. I could see it if it was the other way around with someone going to the UFC but not here. Bellator likely paid quite a bit for Romero to sign and remember they originally put him against Rumble in a fight they were hyping up quite a bit. Davis was probably just the next biggest name at LHW so they went with it.

They should just go back to that Rumble vs. Romero fight now since neither guy is in the tournament.
You're probably right, but I'm not 100% convinced. I think the UFC is likely to do that because if they are bothering to sign a proven Bellator guy (like Chandler for example), they are going to have to pay him because Bellator is going to do everything they can to keep those guys. So of course you're going to throw him into the fire. Yoel was cut by the UFC. He didn't have many options, he's 44 so Bellator aren't going to get a lot out of him anyway, and they likely got what they wanted with generating some buzz with him.

I don't know. Davis was a terrible matchup for Romero and it's not hindsight. Something just seems fishy with it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Phil Davis has wins over:

Stann, Gustafsson, Minotouro, Machida 2x, Glover, King Mo, and Yoel

nice resume for somebody who has never been finished

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Phil Davis has wins over:

Stann, Gustafsson, Minotouro, Machida 2x, Glover, King Mo, and Yoel

nice resume for somebody who has never been finished
He's also only ever lost to Nemkov (2x, once by split), Bader (x2, both by split), Rumble, and Rashad.

Dude has had a solid career (and is a Penn State alum if I might add). Just not an exciting career.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad