GDT: UFC Fight Night: Silva vs. Bisping

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Gave rounds 1, 2 and 4 to Bisping. 3 and 5 to Silva.

I have no idea what Silva was thinking. He did nothing round 1. He did nothing in round 2 and then gets dropped late in the round. Pressures Bisping in the 3rd and easily wins the round. 4th round was 4 and a half minutes of leaning on the cage with a late flurry at the end. Not enough to take the round IMO. He won round 5.

I like Herb but he dropped the ball big time. How you pick up the mouth guard and do nothing about is mind boggling. It clearly distracted Bisping who then gets clocked with the knee. And massive LOL for Silva thinking he won the fight at the end of the round 3.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Seriously, Bisping almost got himself killed worrying about that damn mouthpiece.

Herb standing there with a mouth guard in his hand and not calling for a break didn't help the cause.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Thought Bisping won, 48-47. Gutty performance by him, but I was pretty disappointed in Silva.

Some good finishes on the undercard, that head kick walkoff KO was great.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Great example of why round-by-round scoring is awful. It's about damage. Anderson barely got touched and Bisping was a mess. Anderson was clowning and cruising the last couple minutes. Terrible decision.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great example of why round-by-round scoring is awful. It's about damage. Anderson barely got touched and Bisping was a mess. Anderson was clowning and cruising the last couple minutes. Terrible decision.

What about the two times Bisping rocked Anderson, especially when he dropped him? You just ignore that because it didn't leave him a bloody mess? The judges gave Anderson the two rounds he did damage in.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Weird fight. Nobody won. Kudos to Bisping. You gotta think Silva's days are numbered. His invincibility is gone, he's slower, older, and doesn't seem as hungry.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Herb standing there with a mouth guard in his hand and not calling for a break didn't help the cause.

That's what I saw too. It looked to me like Herb was handing the mouth guard to Bisping, but forgot to actually call a break in the action. It also looked like he KNEW he ****ed up in the direct aftermath.

If Silva lands that knee on anything other than a reffing error, Dean's stopping the fight, bell or no bell. But I think Herb knew he screwed up, and he was pretty damn grateful that the bell went directly afterward, so he didn't have to be the reason Bisping lost.

I doubt Bisping even remembers. He was wrecked.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Weird fight. Nobody won. Kudos to Bisping. You gotta think Silva's days are numbered. His invincibility is gone, he's slower, older, and doesn't seem as hungry.

More importantly, he doesn't seem like he can take a punch anymore.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
What about the two times Bisping rocked Anderson, especially when he dropped him? You just ignore that because it didn't leave him a bloody mess? The judges gave Anderson the two rounds he did damage in.

Judging really shouldn't be round by round

Bisbing just had has ass kicked and still won the fight.

Part of that is on silva for clowning around so much, but still, he ****ed MB up...

member 51464

Doesn't Robbie Lawler kind of get his ass kicked in most his fights and just kinda out-tough the other guy?

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Doesn't Robbie Lawler kind of get his ass kicked in most his fights and just kinda out-tough the other guy?
He doesn't get his ass kicked. He just loses the first two rounds by eating punches and then gets angry and wins the next 3. Lol.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

I do my own point scoring and still
Scored it for Bisping.
1-4
1-7
6-0
2-7
5-1
__
15-19(Bisping)

Essentially, he won by a round. Which is exactly how it scored by the judges.

Nikita Filatov*

based off rounds, bisping i thought clearly won. great card

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
He doesn't get his ass kicked. He just loses the first two rounds by eating punches and then gets angry and wins the next 3. Lol.

Robbie mostly just take his sweet time to read his opponent and starts getting into action once he feels he has the necessary information to beat his opponent. He kinda has that willingness to lose rounds if it means he can adjust to his opponent and that makes for really close and dramatic fights XD

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I scored the fight a draw, actually.

Bisping 1,2 & 4 all 10-9
Silva 3 & 5 but the 3rd being 10-8

47-47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad