GDT: UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Song/Bellator 285: Henderson vs. Queally

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Robertson chokes Agapova out, eyes open and biting tongue. 6.1/10 on the unsettling scale

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Unless things change in the 3rd, I'd give neither of them the match. Just stick 'em with the draw.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ogden will 'win' this clearly I just hate the strategy "1 minute for optics!"

Big underdog doing nothing to actually try and finish and just eek out a point win. Be proud...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It was a normal fight, idk what you’re talking about. The coach was telling him optics because it’s the final minute of a round and judges are often swayed by that, you don’t need to look into it more than that

30-27 Ogden. Good win for a +300 dog who is a grappler. If you want to find fault with somebody find fault with Zellhuber for doing a whole lot of nothing

Reactions: m9

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It was a normal fight, idk what you’re talking about. The coach was telling him optics because it’s the final minute of a round and judges are often swayed by that, you don’t need to look into it more than that

30-27 Ogden. Good win for a +300 dog who is a grappler. If you want to find fault with somebody find fault with Zellhuber for doing a whole lot of nothing
Oh absolutely Zellhuber was terrible. Far too cautious and let himself get patty-caked for a loss.

Optics is smart and safe if swaying a judge if your priority. But if you actually do things to try and stop your opponent, the judges are going to notice. Rather than trying to make it look like you're winning, try to actually win and the optics will take care of themselves. It's a weak strategy, IMO. Gets the win, but that win gets you nothing but beat up by someone further up the ladder that isn't as cautious.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Loma 30-27

Got a lot of money riding on Giles, not so much because I believe in him a ton but because I don’t believe in the Cosce brothers

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
10-9 Giles, Cosce did nothing and Giles did a little

20-18 Giles imo. Cosce landed a couple good power shots so he could perhaps get that round but Giles landed much more frequently and had back control

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cosce literally did nothing the entire fight, remarkable really

Awesome win for Damon Jackson, emotional stuff. Big upset, brother just died last week. Family in attendance

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Holland’s win over Hernandez is aging quite well

Jfc we almost saw our first ufc fatality with that slam/piledriver. And then Hernandez chokes him unconscious. Looked like a monster that fight, I think he will have at least a number next to his name in the future

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Holland’s win over Hernandez is aging quite well

Jfc we almost saw our first ufc fatality with that slam/piledriver. And then Hernandez chokes him unconscious. Looked like a monster that fight, I think he will have at least a number next to his name in the future

That slam was brutal. Hated seeing it.

Reactions: CDJ

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Barriault showed a **** ton of toughness going three rounds. A lot of guys would have just let Hernandez take their back and just tap out. We've seen guys bail out after rib injuries immediately.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not sure how Amedovski is still in the UFC to be honest

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What did Daniel Zellhuber do that was so bad? I skipped the prelims.

Kind of just no-showed. Wasn't active at all or went to try to win the fight.

---

Glad they gave Pyfer a spot like this. Thought he looked good, albeit vs a guy who shouldn't be in the UFC

Reactions: CDJ and Chaels Arms

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Kind of just no-showed. Wasn't active at all or went to try to win the fight.

---

Glad they gave Pyfer a spot like this. Thought he looked good, albeit vs a guy who shouldn't be in the UFC
We will be seeing Ladd and Amedovski on UFC Roster watch by Wednesday lol

Reactions: m9

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
That's one of those weird situations where Algeo was doing decent damage but he might have been better off just locking up Fili's arms and stopping the action completely to get the ref to stand them up. As long as Algeo kept punching Fili in the face he was going to stay in that body triangle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad