Women's Strawweight bout: Piera Rodriguez vs. Sam Hughes
Flyweight bout: Tatsuro Taira vs. C.J. Vergara
Welterweight bout: Mike Jackson vs. Pete Rodriguez​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Askarov/Royval and Martinez/Cub should be fun. Henry/Assuncao is interesting. I like Menifield/Cirkunov.

But uh, yeah. This card is bad.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I think Cub can win that fight if he's able to avoid letting his legs get destroyed early. I think he'll have a slight power advantage moving down and against Martinez. Would love to see Cub get another W and keep father time at bay.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
How is Mike Jackson still in the UFC? A loss to Mickey Gall, a trash win over CM Punk in one of the worst fights I can recall (turned to NC(, and then an eye poke DQ win. This guy is 37 and awful at the sport, why is he still here?

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Girtz is probably built for bare knuckle

Askarov vs Royval is the jewel of the weekend

Last edited:

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Girtz is probably built for bare knuckle

Askarov vs Royval is the jewel of the weekend
No idea why Askarov vs Royval is under 2 fights that its clearly more interesting than. It's also probably the fight that has the biggest implications in the division as it has the highest ranked fighters on this card. Don't really understand why it's not even the co main but hey, that's okay, do your thang UFC.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Tatsuro Taira is an interesting guy to watch on the undercard as well. Good prospect but Vergara is pretty tough so this isn't a gimme.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Askarov - Royval isn't big enough to bring in more eyeballs, but it's big enough to bring in some eyeballs earlier. That's my theory anyway. I know that if it was the main event, I'd be trying to time it to see that fight. Now, I might stick around for Cub and Grasso.

Even with it, this card sucks.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I have a mild amount of interest in almost all of the fights, which is better than zero interest. Interested in seeing the grappling in Maximov-Malkoun. We’ll get a finish in Dusko-Wright. Assuncao-Henry could be good. I wanna see Joanderson Brito’s shark tattoo again.

Basically I’ll watch since I’m having some withdrawal after no card last week, but it’s not something I would watch live if I had something better to do

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I honestly don't mind the main event, especially for an Apex card.

How is Mike Jackson still in the UFC? A loss to Mickey Gall, a trash win over CM Punk in one of the worst fights I can recall (turned to NC(, and then an eye poke DQ win. This guy is 37 and awful at the sport, why is he still here?
I'm pretty sure Dana even said he would never fight for the UFC again after the Punk fight. Yet here we are again lol

Reactions: Taytro

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ever since they got new ownership the UFC has been pretty good about having guys fight out their contracts vs just cutting them. I assume Jackson signed a standard 4 fight deal and will be gone win or loss after this fight.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Saw him on the card and was like "the f***?" - I thought they axed him a while back.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ever since they got new ownership the UFC has been pretty good about having guys fight out their contracts vs just cutting them. I assume Jackson signed a standard 4 fight deal and will be gone win or loss after this fight.
Can’t axe a guy on a winning streak 😎

• Haha

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I just realized Maximov is on this card... Two fights ago him vs Puna is the co-main now he's buried on the prelims of this awful card lol.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not the first time Askarov missed weight. Time to move up to 135lbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad