GDT: UFC Fight Night: Font vs Vera

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Vera, what a tough dude. His face looks unmarked, that's crazy.
Again I think he blocked way more with his arms than people realize.. he had his guard up almost the whole time. But yeah, even at at that… it doesn’t even look like he was in a fight. :laugh:

I had it 49-46 for Chito myself. What a fight!
Post automatically merged:

Vera is always fun
I never miss a fight… Huge fan of Vera

Reactions: CDJ and td_ice

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
POTN: Brito and Figueiredo

FOTN: Vera-Font (Vera gets the entire 100k because Font missed weight)

Reactions: Taytro

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'm sorry I didn't make a real GDT, I had exams all week and then my sports focus became the NFL Draft, plus I worked all day Saturday and missed the event

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Weird fight. Chito clearly won, landing the more significant shots, but kind of hard to know what to take from that fight. I mean, if rounds were 4min 45seconds instead of 5min, he probably loses that fight 50-45 or 49-46.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Really fun main event but it was a bit of a weird one. Font looked good but Vera is so tough and was great at the end of the last 4 rounds.

I thought Vera made a major mistake not backing off Font when he knocked him down with about 2 minutes left at the end of either Round 3 or 4 (can't remember which) and gave Font time to recover. Just really, really poor fight IQ letting Font lie there and recover. Can't make those mistakes vs the top of the division.

I know people had a problem with the Collier/Arlovski scoring but I didn't mind it that much. I have so much respect for how Arlovski has stuck around this long and is winning fights but it can be pretty boring to watch at times.

Really nice breakout win for Brito over Fili.

Reactions: CDJ and td_ice

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Really fun main event but it was a bit of a weird one. Font looked good but Vera is so tough and was great at the end of the last 4 rounds.

I thought Vera made a major mistake not backing off Font when he knocked him down with about 2 minutes left at the end of either Round 3 or 4 (can't remember which) and gave Font time to recover. Just really, really poor fight IQ letting Font lie there and recover. Can't make those mistakes vs the top of the division.

I know people had a problem with the Collier/Arlovski scoring but I didn't mind it that much. I have so much respect for how Arlovski has stuck around this long and is winning fights but it can be pretty boring to watch at times.

Really nice breakout win for Brito over Fili.

Chito acknowledged this in his post fight press conference and I actually really liked his answers. He seemed very mature and like he knew what he was talking about. He also said he can learn from it.

IMO if he got the finish in the 3rd then that probably doesn't get him FOTN. Since it did go all 5, that's an 100k for Chito lol. Not much to complain about. His first 5 rounder and he got some great experience while impressing everyone. I didn't really give him a chance and he out classes Font

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I had a lot of money on Arlovski lol

Haven’t had a positive break like that in quite some time

I like Brito’s shark tattoo, hopefully he can take some of his money and get that touched up

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Chito acknowledged this in his post fight press conference and I actually really liked his answers. He seemed very mature and like he knew what he was talking about. He also said he can learn from it.

IMO if he got the finish in the 3rd then that probably doesn't get him FOTN. Since it did go all 5, that's an 100k for Chito lol. Not much to complain about. His first 5 rounder and he got some great experience while impressing everyone. I didn't really give him a chance and he out classes Font

Definitely worked out perfectly for him, no doubt about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad