Time: 4 pm ET/1 pm PT
Viewing: ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass

MAIN CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Women’s Strawweight bout: Mackenzie Dern vs. Marina Rodriguez
Welterweight bout: Randy Brown vs. Jared Gooden
Flyweight bout: Tim Elliott vs. Matheus Nicolau
Women's Flyweight bout: Sabina Mazo vs. Mariya Agapova
Middleweight bout: Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Chris Gutiérrez vs. Felipe Colares
Heavyweight bout: Alexander Romanov vs. Jared Vanderaa
Featherweight bout: Charles Rosa vs. Damon Jackson
Women's Strawweight bout: Lupita Godinez vs. Silvana Gomez Juarez
Lightweight bout: Steve Garcia vs. Charlie Ontiveros​

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It's Canadian thanksgiving this weekend and I'm off to a party this Saturday. Not sad I'm missing out on this one. As was mentioned in another thread, these next 3 cards are rough!

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'll tune in for the main event. I don't even really expect that to be a good fight, but it's a meaningful fight in the division. I might be a little distracted, though, as my #4 Penn State Nittany Lions are playing #3 Iowa Hawkeyes at 4:00 EST as well. Although, it's @Iowa which usually doesn't end well for the visiting team, so I might be looking to do anything else by then :laugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Deron Winn out (because I said I could convince myself that’s a decent fight, of course)

Chris “Action Man” Curtis stepping in on a day’s notice. Happy he finally gets his UFC shot, he’s been around for awhile and has been on a good run

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Lol I love James Krause. I don’t think he schedules fights, he just goes to the apex with his fighters and takes a last second fight around his weight class if a guy on the same card falls out

Reactions: pistolpete11

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
my bets

Garcia by KO -135
Jackson by decision +130
Agapova +155
Romanov/Brown/Gutierrez/Rodriguez parlay +488
Romanov round 1 -115
Rodriguez +160
Elliott +155
Brown/Gutierrez -102

Terrible card so I bet most of the board

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lots of blood so far

edit: potential to be bloodiest card ever, this is fun

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is one of those Fight Pass only cards in Canada so I'll have to catch it later. Please let me know which fights are worth watching.

member 51464

I think it is 28-28 after 3. Rounds 1 and 3 to Rodriguez and 2 was a 10-8 to Dern. But Dern looks absolutely exhausted. I think she is in big trouble if she can't get it to the ground quickly in the 4th.

Reactions: I am not exposed

member 51464

You knew she would not be as sharp on the feet, but damn Dern was just outclassed there tonight. And for Rodriguez, she knows she is unlikely to face anyone as good on the ground as Dern, so she has to be feeling nice going forward.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is one of those Fight Pass only cards in Canada so I'll have to catch it later. Please let me know which fights are worth watching.

most of the card is worth watching, I napped a little during Elliott-Nicolau and Brown-Gooden tho. Could be just me being tired though lol

Reactions: Avs_19

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I was really impressed by both of them. Even though Dern lost and was out classed at striking she was still game and arguably forced Marina to be saved by the bell in two different rounds.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

All the main card fights were decent but definitely check out Dern - Rodriguez if nothing else! :teach2:

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Prelim fights were BLOODY. I can’t stress that enough, definitely watch those if you like savagery

Garcia-Ontiveros was f***in nuts, Ontiveros probably had 3 KD’s but got annihilated by elbows on the ground. Tons of blood. He had a really bad cut

Damon Jackson won his fight pretty easily but he probably had the nastiest cut of the night, he’s the reason there was that massive blood stain on the canvas

Romanov brutalized Vanderaa with ground and pound, turned his face into ground beef

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
There's no denying that Dern is a step above the rest of the division on the ground, but she's just not well rounded enough for the elite of the division. She might be able to catch one in a submission here and there, but to consistently put enough wins together to get a title shot, win it, and have any type of champion reign is not in the cards IMO. I've been wrong before, but BJJ alone can only get you so far in today's MMA. She's only 28, so she can get better, but I just don't think she's explosive enough to be much of a striker or to consistently get the takedowns she needs. She's Demian Maia. She's good. She can give anybody problems. But there's a very clear path to victory that the elites will be able to exploit more often than not.

Rodriguez, I'm still in wait and see. I think she's no lower than #4 behind Rose, Weili, JJ, and Esparza (since she lost to her already). She's showed a lot of skills, even had Dern in a sub attempt, but she still needs that signature win. I don't think she's as athletically gifted as Rose, Weili, and JJ, so I think she would struggle against those 3, but I think her next fight should be against one of them. So hopefully we see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad