Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow, that was quick.

Machida had nothing.

Brunson, one punch, good night.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
When Machida gets stopped, he’s legit KO’d stiff, there’s no middle ground, guy actually snoozes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Brunson puts him to sleep. Not a very shocking result with the way things have gone for Machida recently. The ref definitely could've jumped in sooner.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I think Woodley can handle the pressure. He's a great wrestler himself and is much more explosive and powerful.

No doubt he could, but at the same time, i keep remembering that Jake Shields fight where Shields gives no f*** about being hit and comes forwards & engages clinch exchange after clinch exchange and Woodley is just letting Shields dictate the fight.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
A far cry from Machida's glory days as the best light-heavy weight. His karate style was so different from everyone else.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Machida getting railed like this was definitely one of the outcomes. It's too bad - nothing against Brunson, but Machida back in the 185 mix keeps things very interesting. I haven't read what's next for him, but wonder if he takes a look back at the 205lb division. Machida/Shogun 3 at some point? As for Brunson, big win after his "loss" vs Silva.

I see some people in here taking shots at Covington, but here's the thing: he just beat up Maia much, much worse in 3 rounds than the champ did in 5 rounds. His standup is nothing special, but he's a wrestler with improving standup. How much he can improve on the feet will ultimately decide his fate, but this was an extremely impressive performance.

Munhoz, Trinaldo, and Santos fights all kind of went as expected. Excellent finishes for Munhoz & Santos. Thought the Lineker fight was kind of boring, was hoping for some more fireworks.

Seen some highlights of the undercard but haven't watched it all as of now, so no real comments there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad