GDT: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Aspinall/Bellator 283: Lima vs. Jackson

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Felder said Paddy couldn't win that round? I thought he won it. Leavitt didn't land much of anything and while he got some takedowns, he didn't do much with it and was also in some sub attempts.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Felder said Paddy couldn't win that round? I thought he won it. Leavitt didn't land much of anything and while he got some takedowns, he didn't do much with it and was also in some sub attempts.

The scoring recently would indicate Leavitt won that round.

Damn. Was rooting for Leavitt

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Paddy riding high. I swear the crowd does so much for these two. The brand just keeps building. These two single handedly saved this boring ass show.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Holy f***. Definitely did not predict Paddy by sub. Very impressive to say the least, his grappling is far above what I thought it was

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pimblett looked pretty good in there today. Thought this was a tough matchup for him and it should have been more of a pick-em, but his main weakness is he just gets hit too much and Leavitt isn't the guy for that. Will be a fun guy to follow, wonder what kind of matchup they go with next.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pimblett looked pretty good in there today. Thought this was a tough matchup for him and it should have been more of a pick-em, but his main weakness is he just gets hit too much and Leavitt isn't the guy for that. Will be a fun guy to follow, wonder what kind of matchup they go with next.
Doesn't answer the striking defense question, but to submit a guy like Leavitt is pretty impressive and shows how legit his grappling is.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Really? He's well known for submissions. Won most of his fights this way.
Leavitt is a good grappler, though. I think a lot of people thought the grappling would cancel out and that Paddy would end up KOing him. That's what I was expecting anyway. Getting a sub was unexpected for me.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Did the crowd go home?

Maybe it's an adrenaline dump after Paddy or maybe it's because they don't have a rooting interest in this one, but you could hear a pin drop.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Leavitt is a good grappler, though. I think a lot of people thought the grappling would cancel out and that Paddy would end up KOing him. That's what I was expecting anyway. Getting a sub was unexpected for me.

I love Paddy and thought it was his fight to lose. Because Jordan was not comfortable in the spotlight. He was nervous in interviews/media obligations, he skipped an interview, had trouble with the flight and being away from his young daughter. Paddy is used to the big lights and the pressure Jordan was not.

I don't think that was the best Leavitt we will see in the UFC but he will recover. I wouldn't be surprised to see him mention a few of those at the presser. No excuse obviously, I think Paddy is better regardless but I don't think Leavitt was as prepared as he thought for the mental side.

Reactions: member 51464

member 51464

Bad look from Chris Curtis to just get outclassed on his feet by a grappler for 15 minutes and then flip Jack off. Like, dude, you got more than doubled up on strikes.

Talking shit after you did nothing is so cringe. You just had 15 minutes to show a guy what is up and failed.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Classless from Curtis. Visible frustration, no one's fault but his own. He got a huge chance to fight way above his rank, and had a poor showing physically and mentally. Good job from Jack for going out and doing what he needed to.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Bad look from Chris Curtis to just get outclassed on his feet by a grappler for 15 minutes and then flip Jack off. Like, dude, you got more than doubled up on strikes.

Talking shit after you did nothing is so cringe. You just had 15 minutes to show a guy what is up and failed.
And Hermansson apologized :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Maybe Paddy gets someone like Clay Guida next.

I was looking at the Tapology LW division and there are at maximum 5 UFC guys in the top 50 who I wouldn't favor over Paddy. They'll have to really pick his spots to get a nunber next his name. Strong guy with some power, decent ground game and a good chin but I don't think he has ther natural talent to ever break into the top couple tiers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad