GDT: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Aspinall/Bellator 283: Lima vs. Jackson

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Another awful fight there. Hermansson actually looked really good - not sure if he's made improvement or if Curtis is just that many steps behind.

I get why Curtis was frustrated but yeah, that's a bad look.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
All class from Blaydes.

Molly, Paddy and Krylov with great performances.

Hermansson looked good, albeit an awful fight. Oezdemir/Craig was a weird one.

Undercard can be deleted from UFC Fight Pass.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Really too bad it went down like that. This was going to be a great test for Aspinall because of how good Blaydes is and I think he was going to pass that test.

Hermansson fought really smart and didn't look bad. I thought Curtis was kinda overplaying the running angle. I mean, it wasn't a great fight or anything and Hermansson was circling non-stop but he was also landing quite a bit. The 10 minute promo package to set up this fight was a bit much. Probably could've gotten the job done in like two mins instead.

Another good performance by Paddy. Loved the atmosphere in the arena for his fight. I have no idea how good he is or can be but he's usually fun.

Same goes for Molly.

The rest of the fights I saw were all very forgettable and not worth watching.

member 51464

The post-fight show i still going on on ESPN+ and drunk and buzzed Molly and Paddy have been rambling the whole time, haha.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Got around to watching them. Really unfortunate main event.

Hit on a Mokaev/Herbert/Dalby/Wood/Krylov/Blaydes parlay

i deserved that after the cold spell dammit

Haven’t watched the XMMA card on YouTube yet. Clearly Will Brooks won his fight. What caught my attention- is that Ian Heinisch doing cage work?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Got around to watching them. Really unfortunate main event.

Hit on a Mokaev/Herbert/Dalby/Wood/Krylov/Blaydes parlay

i deserved that after the cold spell dammit

Haven’t watched the XMMA card on YouTube yet. Clearly Will Brooks won his fight. What caught my attention- is that Ian Heinisch doing cage work?

Good to see him get some wins, it was pretty surprising how quickly he flamed out of the UFC albeit vs pretty tough competition. Wouldn't surprise me if he got another crack at some point.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good to see him get some wins, it was pretty surprising how quickly he flamed out of the UFC albeit vs pretty tough competition. Wouldn't surprise me if he got another crack at some point.
Yeah he beat scumbag Luis Peña too. Solid win

Heinisch and Jessica Rose-Clark did commentary on that card. Both were pretty good

Impa looked good against Jared Gooden

Last edited:

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
He's 35 and when he was in the UFC he lost 3 in a row to some middling lightweights. I always thought he had good upside but there's really no point for UFC to bring him back. He doesnt have any real name power, they're probably prefer to use the roster space for a younger prospect. He could fill out a couple cards have some decent fights but pretty meh IMO.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
He's 35 and when he was in the UFC he lost 3 in a row to some middling lightweights. I always thought he had good upside but there's really no point for UFC to bring him back. He doesnt have any real name power, they're probably prefer to use the roster space for a younger prospect. He could fill out a couple cards have some decent fights but pretty meh IMO.
One of those middling LW's is now the champ and another one missed weight by 5.5lbs, though. Plus he's got 2 wins over Chandler.

But you're probably right. 35 and coming off a split decision win against Luis Pena doesn't exactly scream getting back into the UFC.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
One of those middling LW's is now the champ and another one missed weight by 5.5lbs, though. Plus he's got 2 wins over Chandler.

But you're probably right. 35 and coming off a split decision win against Luis Pena doesn't exactly scream getting back into the UFC.

Those are good excuses I guess but they don't do anything. The Oliveira who beat Will Brooks was not the Oliveira who is a champion today. Oliveira beat Brooks inbetween being submitted twice by Pettis/Lamas and getting TKO'd by Felder, it was the worst run Charles had been on and he still beat Brooks. Brooks also lost to Lentz and Alex Alex Oliveira, that's not high elite level competition. His wins over Chandler were 8 years ago in a different organization. He probably got his shot in the UFC becuase of those wins and then he went 1-3 in the before being cut.

Could Will Brooks go back to the UFC and compete with some unranked fighters and put on some good fights? Yea maybe. Is there a point or does it move any needles? Not unless he makes some dramatic changes and becomes somewhat interesting to viewers.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think anyone is saying the UFC is signing Will Brooks to compete at the top of 155. I'm just saying if there's a short notice fight or something, wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back on some Apex undercard at some point.

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad