Welterweight bout: Mike Malott vs. Adam Fugitt
Featherweight bout: Dan Ige vs. Nate Landwehr
Middleweight bout: Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Eryk Anders

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN5)

Middleweight bout: Nassourdine Imavov vs. Chris Curtis
Women's Flyweight bout: Miranda Maverick vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius
Bantamweight bout: Aiemann Zahabi vs. Aoriqileng
Featherweight bout: Kyle Nelson vs. Blake Bilder

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Flyweight bout: David Dvorak vs. Stephen Erceg
Women's Strawweight bout: Diana Belbita vs. Maria Oliveira​

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1685984883679.png

Date: June 8, 2023
Venue: Overtime Elite Arena
City: Atlanta, Georgia
Time: 10 pm ET/7 pm PT
Viewing: ESPN

MAIN CARD (ESPN)

Featherweight season bout: Brendan Loughnane vs. Jesus Pinedo
Featherweight season bout: Movlid Khaybulaev vs. Tyler Diamond
Light Heavyweight season bout: Marthin Hamlet vs. Sam Kei
Featherweight season bout: Bubba Jenkins vs. Jo Sungbin
Light Heavyweight season bout: Josh Silveira vs. Delan Monte

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+)

Featherweight season bout: Marlon Moraes vs. Gabriel Braga
Light Heavyweight season bout: Ty Flores vs. Dan Spohn
Featherweight season bout: Chris Wade vs. Ryoji Kudo
Light Heavyweight season bout: Impa Kasanganay vs. Tim Caron
Light Heavyweight season bout: Taylor Johnson vs. Andrew Sanchez
Women's Featherweight showcase bout: Abigail Montes vs. Brandy Hester
Feathweight showcase bout: Alexei Pergande vs. Akeem Bashir​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
One thing that's kind of nice is that this card is only 11 fights. I really think 11 fights should be the norm as there is absolutely no reason to have these 13/14 fight cards when you don't really have the talent to fill them properly. Even if you are doing this just to allocate money a bit better and bump up those purses for the other fighters.

As for the actual card..

Just a big thanks to the UFC for bringing the worst PPV of the year to Vancouver. That being said, I think there are some good action fights here so it should be an exciting night of fights at least even if the talent-level isn't there.

Going with Aldana to pull off the upset here. Don't really have a good reason here and it's probably just hoping for it to happen. I do think she has the speed/power to catch Nunes so I'll go Aldana by KO.

Oliveira/Dariush is a great one. True coin-flip for me, not sure how to lean.

Malott is a pretty solid fighter and sadly is right up there in terms of Canadian talent. Expect him to beat Fugitt in a fight that is a prelim fight masquerading as the 3rd fight on a PPV. What are we doing here?

Ige/Landwehr has FOTN all over it. Ige is a bit more technically sound and I think he wins a decision in a great fight.

MAB v Anders is another prelim fight that landed on a main card and I'm not sure why. This isn't even an interesting one.

Imavov/Curtis should be good.

Kyle Nelson has no business being in the UFC and Bilder is probably going to smash him.

Last edited:

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I'm as surprised also @m9 about the Mallot placement if he's not Canadian that's on the prelims.

I completely forgot Curtis/Imavov is on this card should probably be on the main card over a couple of those fights but you know how they love to put a decent fight to wrap up the prelims.

Basically im pumped to see Nate the Train get his shot to get into the rankings that's a fun fight... and the obvious one is oliviera vs dariush Im still pretty salty that got scratched from 288. Im curious to see if the injury to Charles that forced it to be pushed back a month causes any issues here. Didn't read anything about what it was but there's a chance people are forgetting about that. Dariush said again that the ufc told him he's guaranteed a title shot with a win.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm as surprised also @m9 about the Mallot placement if he's not Canadian that's on the prelims.

I completely forgot Curtis/Imavov is on this card should probably be on the main card over a couple of those fights but you know how they love to put a decent fight to wrap up the prelims.

Basically im pumped to see Nate the Train get his shot to get into the rankings that's a fun fight... and the obvious one is oliviera vs dariush Im still pretty salty that got scratched from 288. Im curious to see if the injury to Charles that forced it to be pushed back a month causes any issues here. Didn't read anything about what it was but there's a chance people are forgetting about that. Dariush said again that the ufc told him he's guaranteed a title shot with a win.
Curtis vs Imavov being on the prelims reminds me of Brandon Royval being on the prelims of a fight night card while being top 10 ranked and having several performances of the night.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Even if Daruish wins this fight, he's still probably going to be behind Gathje/Poirier winner....

It's amazing that the most intriguing fight wasn't even originally intended for this card, and this card still sucks on paper! I've seen better fight night cards.

Reactions: 16Skippy and Taytro

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Even if Daruish wins this fight, he's still probably going to be behind Gathje/Poirier winner....

It's amazing that the most intriguing fight wasn't even originally intended for this card, and this card still sucks on paper! I've seen better fight night cards.

I think Dariush will get the next shot assuming that he can make that turnaround for the Abu Dhabi card in October. That card is less about being a big PPV and them just giving the live gate 2 title fights involving guys with ties to the area. Dariush/Islam will work for them as one of the fights.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
That BKFC fight is their first featherweight title fight, if they add a flyweight belt, which it seems like they will since Dodson keeps talking about it, they'll have 9 men's divisions with champions, which seems crazy for a promotion like that

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
As far as FW goes I expect that top 4 to remain intact. I suppose it's possible Marlon eeks out a W knowing this could be his last go at it and Wade/Kudo ends in a crazy finish but I'm fairly certain Loughnane, Khaybulaev, and Bubba all get in.

As for LHW Hamlet and Silveira should be locks, and I will guess Impa gets in as well, no clue for that last spot.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
ngl waiting for them to flash a QUICK SIX graphic while Monte rolls around holding his knee screaming

• Haha
Reactions: MMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Francis lands that Wilder fight (and it seems like Wilder is in) then he wins against the UFC

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm in but only if Ngannou trains with Charlie Z for the fight to pick up some tips

Reactions: CDJ

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Was at the Angel game during the main card so I missed it and will catch it when I get home. Surprised to see Pinedo knocked Loughnane out

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Was at the Angel game during the main card so I missed it and will catch it when I get home. Surprised to see Pinedo knocked Loughnane out
Wasn’t anything flukey either. f***in smoked him. Did it a minute after eating a big shot and taunting Loughnane right after it. Kind of badass.

Reactions: Killahpunk and MMC

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Must say I'm pretty excited for the Featherweight playoffs after that. All 4 came off some impressive wins. Think it's Bubba's year but I'm looking forward to seeing him vs Pinedo and Khaybulaev/Braga. Crazy to see Loughnane go out like that and sucks for Wade that he won't move on after getting a great finish himself today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad