Welterweight bout: Gunnar Nelson vs. Bryan Barberena
Women's Flyweight bout: Jennifer Maia vs. Casey O'Neill
Middleweight bout: Marvin Vettori vs. Roman Dolidze

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN2, TSN5)

Featherweight bout: Jack Shore vs. Makwan Amirkhani
Lightweight bout: Chris Duncan vs. Omar Morales
Lightweight bout: Sam Patterson vs. Yanal Ashmoz
Flyweight bout: Muhammad Mokaev vs. Jafel Filho

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Featherweight bout: Lerone Murphy vs. Gabriel Santos
Middleweight bout: Christian Leroy Duncan vs. Dusko Todorovic
Flyweight bout: Jake Hadley vs. Malcolm Gordon
Women's Flyweight bout: Joanna Wood vs. Luana Carolina
Lightweight bout: Jai Herbert vs. Ludovit Klein
Women's Flyweight bout: Juliana Miller vs. Veronica Macedo​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Okay card but when you have two PPVs in a month you expect them to really bring it.. and we don't have that here.

Really into Usman/Edwards. I know Usman is a heavy favorite but I think there were enough things from Edwards to make things interesting.

Gaethje is one of my favorite fighters but man Fiziev is a tough fight for him. Hoping Gaethje can pull it off.

Vettori/Dolidze is a good one, hoping Dolidze can win to add some new blood to the top of 185.

Nelson/Barberena seems a bit of out of place in the middle of a PPV. Casey O'Neill is a legit threat at 125lbs but again, whose excited for a Jennifer Maia fight?

I feel like the prelims/early prelims for England card the last couple of years have been filled with prospects and the fights have generally been great. Kind of looks the same here with Mokaev being the biggest name.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't care about the WFLW fight at all, but the rest of the main card is pretty good.

Edwards-Usman - Don't particularly like either guy, but pulling for Edwards in this one. The conventional wisdom says Usman should win. Was the #1 P4P guy, won the first 1 and was winning the second one comfortably, etc. As Chuck Mendenhall said on the preview with MK, though, Usman is almost 36 and things can change when you get KO'ed like that. Not only physically, but mentally as well. Gives Edwards more confidence and puts some doubt in Usman's mind. I still think Usman wins, but it's an intriguing fight.

Gaethje-Fiziev - What fight fan doesn't love watching Gaethje, but I'm ready for some new blood. I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge that I've soured on Gaethje a little bit because of the Kadyrov stuff, too. I agree with people saying it's a tough fight for Gaethje, but we've seen Gaethje walk through hell numerous times. Can Fiziev do the same? I guess we will see.

Dolidze is dangerous, but Vettori is tough as hell Dolidze's TDD is 33%. I expect Vettori to grind out a W by taking him down.

Nelson/Barberena seems a bit of out of place in the middle of a PPV. Casey O'Neill is a legit threat at 125lbs but again, whose excited for a Jennifer Maia fight?
Barberena was supposed to be D-Rod and I think Gunnar is kind of a fan favorite over there. Seems to show up on the Europe cards a lot.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gaethje’s chin has to give out at some point unfortunately and I think Saturday may be that night

I was able to catch Lerone Murphy at -170. Apparently he opened at -135 on DraftKings. Other books had him at -250 so it seems like there are possibly some inefficiencies to exploit when there is a late replacement filling in on DK

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Didn't realize until now that the PPV card starts 5 hours earlier than usual. We've had some morning PPVs in Abu Dhabi but there haven't been many 2pm PST/5pm EST PPVs.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Didn't realize until now that the PPV card starts 5 hours earlier than usual. We've had some morning PPVs in Abu Dhabi but there haven't been many 2pm PST/5pm EST PPVs.
Thank you for letting me know. I'd have tuned in later and missed all the action.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Yes and it's awesome. 5pm on the east coast is still not ideal, but it's a helluva lot better than staying up until 1am.

Reactions: Taytro and m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
The UFC Countdown is worth watching just to relive the head kick. It's an all time great moment by itself, but when they dramatize it with the music, the corner pep talk, his celebration, FaceTiming his mom afterwards, etc., it's really, really cool.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Gaethje-Fiziev - What fight fan doesn't love watching Gaethje, but I'm ready for some new blood. I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge that I've soured on Gaethje a little bit because of the Kadyrov stuff, too. I agree with people saying it's a tough fight for Gaethje, but we've seen Gaethje walk through hell numerous times. Can Fiziev do the same? I guess we will see.
I'd like to see Gaethje get starched but Fiziev hasn't beat anyone close to his level yet. First time for everything maybe.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

Thank you for letting me know. I'd have tuned in later and missed all the action.
Jeezzz I had no idea either I would have went to tune into early prelims to see the main card almost done lol

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'd like to see Gaethje get starched but Fiziev hasn't beat anyone close to his level yet. First time for everything maybe.
I think Fiziev has taken an appropriate step up in competition each fight and he keeps passing with flying colors. RDA isn't quite on Gaethje's level anymore, but he's close and is still a tough fight for anyone. Plus Fiziev finished him.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, Fiziev has really done everything he can to earn this opportunity and has looked excellent along the way. I would love for Gaethje to pull this off but he's in tough.

Either way, credit to him for actually taking a fight against one of the young "no-names" instead of squatting on his spot. I'm sure he could have sat around and waited for a bigger name fight. He's talked in the past about retiring early so any fight could be his last.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I bought fite tv last night and I think that BKFC event is on it. May check it out for shits and gigs

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I bought fite tv last night and I think that BKFC event is on it. May check it out for shits and gigs
I kind of like BKFC, something like half the price of a UFC PPV for an entire year of fights. I usually just end up watching when there are UFC vets on the card.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I’m not convinced Usman isn’t hurt still. Whether it’s the knee or the hand, there’s been rumours about both. Guess we won’t know until the fight or the post presser after

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Colby weighed in as the backup. Didn't know that was happening, hopefully he's back soon.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Colby weighed in as the backup. Didn't know that was happening, hopefully he's back soon.
Really? That's weird. I figured it would be Belal if they did a backup. Colby seems to me like he would look at being a backup as beneath him.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad