1673894908957.png

Date: January 21, 2023
Venue: Jeunesse Arena
City: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Time: 10 pm ET/7 pm PT
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill
Flyweight Championship bout: Deiveson Figueiredo (c) vs. Brandon Moreno (ic)
Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Neil Magny
Women's Flyweight bout: Lauren Murphy vs. Jessica Andrade
Light Heavyweight bout: Paul Craig vs. Johnny Walker

PRELIMINARY CARD (ABC, TSN5)

Light Heavyweight bout: Mauricio Rua vs. Ihor Potieria
Middleweight bout: Gregory Rodrigues vs. Brunno Ferreira
Lightweight bout: Thiago Moises vs. Melquizael Costa
Heavyweight bout: Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Jailton Almeida
Welterweight bout: Mounir Lazzez vs. Gabriel Bonfim

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Luan Lacerda vs. Cody Stamann
Lightweight bout: Ismael Bonfim vs. Terrance McKinney
Welterweight bout: Warlley Alves vs. Nicolas Dalby
Women's Featherweight bout: Josiane Nunes vs. Zarah Fairn Dos Santos
Bantamweight bout: Saimon Oliveira vs. Daniel Marcos​

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
i hope old man Glover gets this fight to the ground and unleashes a hellacious beating on Hill

One of those dumbasses who defended Dana when Dana didn’t want to be defended. I wonder what goes through their dumb brains- like do they think Dana wants them to be like “yeah the mother of your kids deserved to get her ass beat!”

Like think critically. Jamahal cannot, and therefore I wish him a journey to the land of wind and ghosts via G n P

If it doesn’t hit the ground Hill wins easily

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Winners in bold.

Craig vs. Walker hardest one to predict, but think it goes to decision.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Glover-Hill - I like Glover here. Hill's TDD is not great (65%) and he was just taken down 6 times by Santos. If old man, broken knees Santos can do that, I have to think that even older man Glover will be able to do that and then some. Hill can crack, but we've seen Glover hurt and recover a number of times. Wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly how this one plays out.

Fig-Moreno - I'm going to double down on my Fig being too old for the weight class, despite the craziness Moreno has had to deal with with the Krause situation.

Burns-Magny - Burns, all day.

Murphy-Andrade - Andrade, all day.

Craig-Walker - This is bad TDD for a guy that needs to keep it standing vs. bad takedowns for a guy that needs to get it to the floor. I'm going to go with Walker, but it's really just a guess.

Shout out to Shogun. His prime was before I was watching, but what a legend. Wish we got a more fun fight, but the UFC gonna UFC.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Winners in bold.

Craig vs. Walker hardest one to predict, but think it goes to decision.

I'll give it a go too. My predictions are:

Glover
Figgy
Magny
Andrade
Craig

I'm actually pretty excited for all those fights too.

Reactions: I am not exposed

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I give Lauren Murphy a bit better chance than most vs Andrade. She's really strong and might have the ability to turn it into a really boring grindfest decision that she could come out on top of.

No predictions from me this time - I could see both the main & co-main going either way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Glover by something on the ground

Moreno

Burns

Andrade

Walker

I’d have preferred it happened a couple years ago but I’m glad Shogun gets to go out in Brazil. Both Bonfim fights are gonna be great. Always fun to see Robocop. The UFC finally gets to feed Abdurakhimov to Jailton

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also underrated storyline is who will be in Moreno’s corner

Was Krause’s prized pupil. I think God of War is getting up there in age for a flyweight though and Moreno is entering his prime. I think that’s the difference

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Glover by something on the ground

Moreno

Burns

Andrade

Walker

I’d have preferred it happened a couple years ago but I’m glad Shogun gets to go out in Brazil. Both Bonfim fights are gonna be great. Always fun to see Robocop. The UFC finally gets to feed Abdurakhimov to Jailton
I'm still surprised one of the Bonfim's is getting McKinney right out the gate

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Also underrated storyline is who will be in Moreno’s corner

Was Krause’s prized pupil. I think God of War is getting up there in age for a flyweight though and Moreno is entering his prime. I think that’s the difference
I rewatched the 3rd fight the other day. Krause wasn't in his corner.

I think the camp is a bigger story than who's actually in his corner on fight night when it comes to the Krause situation.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I rewatched the 3rd fight the other day. Krause wasn't in his corner.

I think the camp is a bigger story than who's actually in his corner on fight night when it comes to the Krause situation.
definitely fair. A lot of change had to happen, I wonder where he’s been training

I'll believe it when they're actually in the cage
Also fair lol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’re doing a good job separating themselves from the pack in terms of putting on an interesting product- there’s a lot of BS with ONE but their unique cards are a plus imo. I’m starting to get into Muay Thai because of them

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
This PPV feels like it's gotten a crazy low amount of press coverage, which is kinda crazy because it's a pretty good event, much better than cards like 279 and 282. There wasn't even a press conference for this one.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm into this quadrilogy, ideally DF wins in brazil and they do a 5th fight, if theyre all bangers then do a 6th tbh.
I hope DF wins but i think Moreno is hungrier, assuming DF doesn't show up looking like prime Vitor.

Glover should win easily on the ground but who knows if thats the game plan he employs, or gets rocked in the stand up before he can get it to the mat.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This PPV feels like it's gotten a crazy low amount of press coverage, which is kinda crazy because it's a pretty good event, much better than cards like 279 and 282. There wasn't even a press conference for this one.

One of the biggest NFL weekends and NHL/NBA are going strong, so the interest for a card in Brazil was always going to be low. The UFC wasn't even going to give it a real main event until the 205lb title situation got weird. I think the whole PowerSlap situation has thrown things off as well.

I don't know, even I'm not that into this one. It's a solid card for sure, just missing something extra.

If Fig loses again I don't think he'll cut to flyweight again, he may not even if he wins tbh

Yeah I think he's done either way

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think the NFL playoffs + Danas situation, they're just trying to get this event out of the way and return to normal afterwards. I actually like the card so, lll be tuning in

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $2,335.00