GDT: UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
What do people think about the amount of time/energy that the UFC puts into promo for their events? I know it's ramped for a big fight week like this one, but I'm just curious if others are in the same boat as me.

I find the promo they are doing is out-of-control excessive and I just don't really care about most of it.

The percentage of interesting stuff in these massive press conferences is so low.

The fake weigh-in thing is just weird. Like, if you want guys to face-off then can't you just do it combined with the press-conference? Or can we at least skip the fake scale part?

This last weekend we were absolutely blitzed with Lemos/Rodriguez promo during a card we were already watching. For these cards on ESPN that people are already paying for and watching, can we tighten it up a bit? Can you get 5 or 6 fights in a 2 hour prelim block?

I do really like UFC Embedded. I don't watch it every time, but when I do I always think how I should watch it more. It's kind of like the PFL for me - I forget to watch like 60% of the time but the 40% I remember is great.

I never watch the promos or weigh-ins, I simply don't have time or find it that interesting. If something crazy happens I'll see it posted on IG or on here.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Helwani just said he was told by a UFC official that in NY if Pereira misses weight he gets another two hours to make weight.

Update: 184.6 for Pereira.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Glad to see Pereira made weight. It's always nerve wracking following the weigh-ins on twitter when it's a big fight and one guy doesn't show up until the last minute. He looked huge too.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My cousin is selfishly getting married tomorrow so I will be the guy in the corner watching the PPV on my phone like an asshole. And you’re GD right I’m watching the prelims.

Statistically speaking I’ll probably see her get married again, I’ll never have the chance to see 281 again

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I'm looking forward to the whole thing but don't be surprised if the main and co-main are boring.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Adesanya should really be winning that fight. The scenario of him losing that one would be if he fails to keep his ego in check.

The first kickboxing fight was a controlled performance that had him losing a really questionable decision.
In the 2nd fight, he was more aggressive and tried to finish Pereira probably because he didn't want to go to a decision.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Ulberg looked very impressive there. I cringed at the first couple kicks, I wouldn't have been able to walk for a month after any of those.

Reactions: m9

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Tremendous fight. As mentioned above, it featured a very rare double knockdown.

Trizano with the Win.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
LOL judges changing the scores right before the announce the winner? Or did they not add correctly or didn't know which fighter was which? Getting roasted by the commentators and crowd rightly so.

But at least I bet on KK so I won't complain about the result.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
What a freaking knockout by frevola I am so pumped right now. He said he was gonna stand and bang with him I thought it was a mistake and that he should use his wrestling but shows what I know. So far been a pretty solid card.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Light work for Blanchfield.

She was a big favourite for a reason but was even more dominant than the 3-to-1 odds suggested.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Blanchfield might be the most legit and the one who looks most like a future champion out of all the female fighters they've hyped up recently.

Reactions: m9 and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad