GDT: UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Dan Hardy was right about Izzy not being able to evade Pereira in the octagon. In kickboxing he can lean back over the ropes in those situations and slide out. In the cage he got locked in.

Never go against Dan Hardy.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Stoppage was a little premature but Izzy looked like he was on the path to being KO'd

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
These guys just forgetting Brock winning the title in his 4th mma fight

Reactions: CDJ

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
You would think that with Glover on his team his wrestling would be on point.

It doesn't matter who's in his corner, his bread the butter is kick boxing and he's 35 years old. Not enough time to prepare for wrestlers that have been doing it their entire life. If Israel was able to control him on the ground like this, he's gonna have a rude awakening if someone like Bo Nichol get's a hold of him.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
It doesn't matter who's in his corner, his bread the butter is kick boxing and he's 35 years old. Not enough time to prepare for wrestlers that have been doing it their entire life. If Israel was able to control him on the ground like this, he's gonna have a rude awakening if someone like Bo Nichol get's a hold of him.
I'd actually be really curious about a Bo and Alex fight. I don't think Alex can do anything if Bo takes him down, but at the same time...what happens to Bo if he takes a clean shot? I kind of feel like this is Whittaker's shot. If Pereira wins the rematch, I could see Whittaker being able to take him out.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I'd actually be really curious about a Bo and Alex fight. I don't think Alex can do anything if Bo takes him down, but at the same time...what happens to Bo if he takes a clean shot? I kind of feel like this is Whittaker's shot. If Pereira wins the rematch, I could see Whittaker being able to take him out.

I'm sure no one wants to catch a clean shot from a guy like Alex. The issue is he seems like an aggressive fighter that walks down his opponents. Not sure it's a good idea going close to a very high end wrestler in the clinch given he'd get taken down and dominated.

I think if Pereira fights guys like Nichol or Chimaev, the result would likely be similar to the Makhachev/Oliveira fight.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He was also just staring at the canvas and hoping he would get his head out of the way. That's not a great sign for the ref.

Yeah, Izzy wasn't defending himself. His hands weren't doing anything offensively or defensively. It was the right call, imo.

Hands down, unable to see the punches coming... sometimes head movement is all you need

ufc-holloway.gif

Reactions: CDJ and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Realistically I don’t think he could’ve recovered with 3 min left against somebody that hits that hard, I’m fine with the stoppage but I certainly understand the gripe people have calling it a little premature

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad