Featherweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Bryce Mitchell
Welterweight bout: Kevin Holland vs. Alex Oliveira
Heavyweight bout: Sergey Spivak vs. Greg Hardy

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN 5)

Lightweight bout: Jalin Turner vs. Jamie Mullarkey
Women's Strawweight bout: Marina Rodriguez vs. Yan Xiaonan
Light Heavyweight bout: Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
Women's Flyweight bout: Maryna Moroz vs. Mariya Agapova

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Featherweight bout: Brian Kelleher vs. Umar Nurmagomedov
Flyweight bout: Tim Elliott vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
Lightweight bout: Devonte Smith vs. Ľudovít Klein
Light Heavyweight bout: Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Dustin Jacoby​

J1mLahey

Jan 13, 2011
Toronto
Colby 50-45 in a boring fight.

Hope I’m wrong and it’s more exciting, I just see Colby wrestling Jorge leading to an uneventful fight

Reactions: Chaels Arms

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
My feeling is Colby by decision at about 70%, Masvidal by TKO at 15%, and any other result at 15%. Colby's not much of a finisher and Masvidal has only been finished in the UFC once, granted it was in his last fight by devastating fashion and who knows how he will bounce back from that. On the flip side, Masvidal is well rounded and can wrestle, but I don't think it's any match for Colby's wrestling. I think Colby will get him down almost at will, so Masvidal will have to do some serious damage when they are on the feet.

The more I think about it, the more interesting RDA-Moicano is to me. People, myself included, kind of wrote off Moicano, but that stretch at 145 was pretty good. Beat Stephens, was beating Ortega until he got caught in a late submission, and then beat Kattar and Cub. He kind of reminds me of Oliveira. Gangly submission guy from Brazil who had some ups and downs at 145 before moving to 155. Has been in there with elite talent, won some, but usually loses. Could this be the early part of his run at 155? Could he be catching RDA at the perfect time? Short notice, RDA is 37 years old and has been doing this a long damn time, but nobody thinks RDA is washed yet. Ultimately....I don't think so :laugh:. RDA is very well rounded. His only submission loss was 12 years ago and due to an injury. He's also the bigger guy and I think will be too strong (and talented) on the ground for Moicano.

Barboza is a pretty big step up for Mitchell, but the playbook on how to beat Barboza is out there and I think Mitchell has the tools to execute it. Again, though, it's a big step up. You can't get away with the same mistakes you can against lower level guys vs. Barboza. He'll put your lights out.

Holland-Brazilian Cowboy should be fun. Can't imagine it going to a decision.

I don't necessarily think it's going to be a great fight, but Rodriguez-Yan is an important one. I think Rodriguez has a little bit more pop to her punches and that will be the difference.

As I said in another thread, no idea why Kelleher-Umar is on the early prelims.

Reactions: 16Skippy and CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Weird card to get excited for. Covington/Masvidal is a fine fight but it's just such low stakes with neither guy in position to get a title.

Interesting names sprinkled all over the card but there just isn't enough at the top to get me excited.

This is the type of card that could have really used that 2nd tier title fight to kick it up a notch or two. Covington/Masvidal is an awesome co-main and RDA/Moicano & Mitchell/Barzboza are fine PPV fights. As the top 3 fights though? I'm not really feeling it.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
^^^ That's my problem with the card/fight. What makes a top fight interesting IMO is the importance of the outcome. Title fights speak for themselves, as do number one contender fights. But with this we have two guys who have already both lost twice to the champ. It's almost a loser leaves town match. Interesting fight? Sure. But essentially meaningless. A headliner shouldn't be meaningless.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
^^^ That's my problem with the card/fight. What makes a top fight interesting IMO is the importance of the outcome. Title fights speak for themselves, as do number one contender fights. But with this we have two guys who have already both lost twice to the champ. It's almost a loser leaves town match. Interesting fight? Sure. But essentially meaningless. A headliner shouldn't be meaningless.

I'm trying to think of a PPV main event with lower stakes than this and it's a tough one as pretty much every PPV has a title or a #1 contenders fight. The first fight I really thought of was Anderson Silva/Stephen Bonnar as they were just desparate for a fight and it really didn't mean much. The other one was Dan Henderson vs Rashad which was right around that time.

Either way, it feels like it's been a long time since we've had something like this where leading up to the fight there is just no title or no title shot. I guess maybe Cerrone/Conor, but it sure felt like Conor would get a title shot if he won that one even though it didn't end up happening.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Masvidal-Covington is meaningless in terms of the title picture (as long as Usman remains the champ anyway), but I think it will be one that gets talked about a lot in the future because of the backstory. It's not quite Conor-Khabib, Jones-DC, Chuck-Tito, etc., but it's up there in terms of grudge matches.

There's probably been more meaningful fights that headlined a PPV that I have forgot they even fought let alone who won or anything about the fight. Whether it is a classic or it sucks, I think people will remember this fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Masvidal-Covington is meaningless in terms of the title picture (as long as Usman remains the champ anyway), but I think it will be one that gets talked about a lot in the future because of the backstory. It's not quite Conor-Khabib, Jones-DC, Chuck-Tito, etc., but it's up there in terms of grudge matches.

There's probably been more meaningful fights that headlined a PPV that I have forgot they even fought let alone who won or anything about the fight. Whether it is a classic or it sucks, I think people will remember this fight.

Those fights all had massive stakes though and had real hatred. This is like a low-level Rashad/Rampage to me where there are less stakes and the backstory is probably more out of WWE than it is real life.

I don't know how much this fight gets talked about in the future, especially if it goes how expected. It kind of reminds me of Covington/Woodley where it was a big grudge match and then Colby just grinded out a decision and nobody ever talked about it again.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Regardless of what happens here Colby has to go to middleweight next right? He's still an unbelievably good fighter and I would probably take him over everyone in that division other than Whittaker and Izzy and I think even those two fights would be close.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Those fights all had massive stakes though and had real hatred. This is like a low-level Rashad/Rampage to me where there are less stakes and the backstory is probably more out of WWE than it is real life.

I don't know how much this fight gets talked about in the future, especially if it goes how expected. It kind of reminds me of Covington/Woodley where it was a big grudge match and then Colby just grinded out a decision and nobody ever talked about it again.
I mean, yeah, that's what I'm saying it is. People still bring up Rashad-Rampage. That was well before I was paying attention to the UFC and even I know they had beef, fought, and that Rashad won. This will be the same thing.

I think this is way more heated than Covington-Woodley. Covington-Woodley was typical (former) champ vs. loud mouth contender and people were starting to say Woodley was washed by that time anyway. Covington-Masvidal is way more personal and Masvidal is a way bigger star than either Covington or Woodley.

It will lose a little if Covington just wrestlef***s him for 5 rounds, that much I agree with.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Regardless of what happens here Colby has to go to middleweight next right? He's still an unbelievably good fighter and I would probably take him over everyone in that division other than Whittaker and Izzy and I think even those two fights would be close.
I think he's too small for MW, especially being as wrestling dependent as he is and as pillow fisted as he is.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010

He would get steamrolled at MW. Being an undersized wrestler with little power who relies on pressuring his opponents, that doesn't translate well to moving up in weight.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Regardless of who wins, really hope Poirier is next for Colby. Colby already said he wants him next but Dustin has still shown no interest

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Too small for MW. I realize Usman is a monster but he outsizes Colby by quite a bit, particularly in their most recent encounter. You accompany that with the fact that Colby has fairly limited power and he'd be in some trouble at 185. He's just gotta hope Chimaev beats Usman convincingly and they don't do an immediate rematch.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I was being diplomatic in my initial response, but I don't know where the idea that Colby should move up to 185 came from, never mind the in my opinion very ridiculous notion that he would beat almost everyone in that division. It's not as if he's cleaned out 170 and there are no fights left for him, he currently doesn't have a single win against a ranked welterweight.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Someone wrote into Luke Thomas's Live Chat...

Colby and Masvidal have a combined 1 win against current ranked WW.....and it was Masvidal over Chiesa at 155.

There's reasons for it obviously, but just kind of interesting.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Colby should win on paper, but I'm hoping Masvidal will be able to pull off an upset. Colby will probably be able to take him down, but Masvidal is tricky down there and hard to pin.

I'm pretty excited even though the card isn't really PPV quality. But why is Hardy vs Spivik on the main card at all, let alone over Rodriguiz - Yan and Kelleher - Nurmagomedov lol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think I have Klein in this one

10-9 Klein

Looks like he should hang on and cash out +125

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Tognoni is the worst. Highly doubt Ulanbekov would've gotten away with the same fouls.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad