Welterweight bout: Leon Edwards vs. Nate Diaz
Welterweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Belal Muhammad
Light Heavyweight bout: Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, TSN 5)

Lightweight bout: Drew Dober vs. Brad Riddell
Light Heavyweight bout: Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart
Women's Flyweight bout: Lauren Murphy vs. Joanne Calderwood
Featherweight bout: Movsar Evloev vs. Hakeem Dawodu

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Bantamweight bout: Pannie Kianzad vs. Alexis Davis
Lightweight bout: Frank Camacho vs. Matt Frevola
Featherweight bout: Chase Hooper vs. Steven Peterson
Lightweight bout: Fares Ziam vs. Luigi Vendramini
Heavyweight bout: Carlos Felipe vs. Jake Collier​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not much to say about the main event. I like Adesanya to win but I'm very curious to see how he bounces back after his loss at 205. Actually not much to say about the co-main either - should be another great fight.

Lots of credit to Nate Diaz for taking this fight, but similar to most I really don't like this matchup for him. I'm actually hoping Edwards does something big here and cements himself for that Usman rematch.

Muhammad is a tough style matchup for Maia. I think he's too strong to let Maia do his thing and will win on the feet. Could be a boring one here, though.

I think I keep picking against Jamahal Hill because he looks so raw to me, but he looked great against OSP and might be ready to jump a tier here. Craig is a fun style matchup though.

Hopefully this card makes it complete to the weekend. Great prelim card - Evloev v Dawodu should be really fun. Murphy v Calderwood should be awful but very relevant.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The art poster for this card is absolute fire, might be my favorite one ever.

I'm tempted to throw some cash on Vettori after watching their first fight again. Izzy didn't dominate the first two rounds as much as I initially thought and Vettori was ragdolling him in the third like Jan did later in his fight with Izzy.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Still like Izzy to win, but it's a more intriguing matchup after seeing what Jan did to him. Vettori is capable of that same gameplan. I just think Jan is a more technical striker than Vettori and is obviously a much bigger guy. So I think Izzy will be able to take at least 3 of the 5.

I also expect Izzy to try to make a statement. People questioned him after the Tavares fight and then he KO'ed Brunson inside 1. People questioned him after a boring Anderson fight and then he goes to war with Gastelum and then KO's Whittaker in the one after that. People questioned him after the Romero fight and then he beat the brakes off Costa.

Co-main is obviously a good one, but Fig won that first one without the point deduction and I think he is just the bigger, stronger, more powerful guy. Moreno is scrappy as hell, so I don't expect him to go away and it should be another good fight. I just think in the end Fig is too much for him.

Props to Nate for taking the fight, but it's a very calculated risk. Edwards is one of the only top WW who is not wrestling heavy and who would just rag doll Nate for 5 rounds. Edwards will probably fight his usual safe fight which won't be enough to put Nate away. If Nate loses, which he probably will, oh well, Edwards is a top WW and probably going to get a title shot. If Nate wins, he's going to have his choice of whatever and whoever he wants. As a Nate fan, would like to see him find a way to mix in his BJJ, but he probably won't.

The rest of the fights on the main and prelim cards are pretty good as well, except for the WFLW.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Since I know many of us are Dan Hardy fans just FYI as I mentioned before after his relationship with the UFC went downhill he seems to have lost the ability to use UFC video clips in the breakdowns he does on Full Reptile. He still does them but he only uses pre-UFC clips so it's not really the same. However, if you have a VPN and set your location to the UK or Ireland you can watch his breakdowns on the BT Sport Youtube channel where he still has full access to UFC clips. That breakdown is much longer and more detailed. He mentioned this briefly in his Full Reptile video for Adesanya v. Vettori 2. The breakdown he does on BT Sport is honestly much better.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The main event is intriguing because of the styles, the first fight being close, and seeing Adesanya lose recently but I still feel like he's going to pick Vettori apart. Vettori is big and strong but it's not on the level of Jan so I don't think he'll be able to hold Adesanya down if/when he gets him there. I'm going with Adesanya via decision.

I like Figueiredo in the co-main. Moreno showed a lot last time so I don't want to take anything away from him but Figueiredo also had a really rough weight cut and it was only a draw because of a point deduction. The first fight was awesome so hopefully we get another back and forth fight like that one.

It'd be really surprising to see Edwards lose against Nate. He's too good, technical, and smart of a fighter. I actually think he'll be fine on his feet but if things start going badly, he should be able to take Nate down and keep him there. It's just a really tough match up for Nate.

It should be a fun event with the top three fights and a few others throughout the card.

Reactions: I am not exposed

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Adesanya
Moreno
Edwards
Belal
Hill

Also looking forward to Dober/Riddell (my FOTN pick) and Evloev/Dawodu.

Main event is intriguing. I believe Adesanya is just too good for him, but Vettori is confident as hell and knows how to play to his strengths. Wouldn't shock me if he pulls off a close decision, but I think Izzy can put him away this time.

Moreno pick is strictly gut feeling, Figueredo is an absolute animal but seemed to have another rough weight cut. If Moreno's chin holds up again and he doesn't get caught in a guillotine, things could get really interesting.

Always been a Nate fan but think he gets smoked. If he can win a round I'd consider that a pleasant surprise.

member 51464

I think the main event is a classic case of a guy that is good everywhere (Vettori) versus a guy that is elite in one thing (Israel and striking). The latter usually wins, I think.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Adesanya
Moreno
Edwards
Belal
Hill

Also looking forward to Dober/Riddell (my FOTN pick) and Evloev/Dawodu.

Main event is intriguing. I believe Adesanya is just too good for him, but Vettori is confident as hell and knows how to play to his strengths. Wouldn't shock me if he pulls off a close decision, but I think Izzy can put him away this time.

Moreno pick is strictly gut feeling, Figueredo is an absolute animal but seemed to have another rough weight cut. If Moreno's chin holds up again and he doesn't get caught in a guillotine, things could get really interesting.

Always been a Nate fan but think he gets smoked. If he can win a round I'd consider that a pleasant surprise.
Edwards is just way too fast for Nate IMO.

Reactions: m9

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Peterson should be cut for trying a fake glove tap on freaking Chase Hooper

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Both guys look incredibly bad, and should not be in the UFC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad