Welterweight bout: Mike Pyle vs. Alex Garcia

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Tim Means vs. Alex Oliveira
Welterweight bout: Brandon Thatch vs. Niko Price

Last edited:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Really torn between Cruz and Cody. Big fan of both.

I'd also like to see good ole Ronda back... I don't care what people think, she's good for the sport.

Other than that, it's a bunch of has-beens filling the card.

And I know she's an ugly girl, but that's the best shot they could get of nunes? Just don't even put her mug on the poster... sheez

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What? The winner of Werdum/Cain is likely fighting for the belt next and same goes for Dillashaw/Lineker. "has-beens" lol.

Yeah, it's a pretty deep card. Looking forward to most of the fights.

Agreed. Even the prelims are strong.

I hope we see the best version of Cain because I really want to see him against Stipe.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Good card.

Smolka really stuffed himeself up by losing to Moreno.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Nunes by KO.

There isn't many fights I'm looking forward to more than Dillashaw vs Lineker.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
They couldn't find an opponent for Andrade so Smolka/Borg moves up to the PPV and Junior/Vettori moves to the prelims on FS1.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Agreed. I think this is a great card and that fight has FOTN written all over it.

I think TJs going to make him look like an amateur.

... I guess I'll have to watch if people think this is going to be a good card.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think TJs going to make him look like an amateur.

... I guess I'll have to watch if people think this is going to be a good card.

I don't know if at the end of the night it will be considered a good card, but there's lots sprinkled in.

But Means & Thatch are both fun to watch on the prelims. Carlos Jr is a good prospect, and the two 170lb fights feature some high-level guys.

I think Cain v Werdum is extremely interesting.

Oddly enough I think Cruz v Garbrandt and Dillashaw v Lineker are the exact same fight, with Cruz and Dillashaw the obvious favorites.

Then there's Rousey, and everything aside it will be really intriguing what version of her shows up.

member 51464

Any chance at all Rousey touches gloves and doesn't pretend like she has been disrespected to try to hype herself up to hide the massives holes in her fight game?

those of you who know more than I, Rousey is likely to lose, right? Please?

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
It's really a tough fight to call. Is Ronda mentally back? Physically from brief clips I've seen she looks to be in great shape, but is her mind right? She was always running on the premise of being the alpha, dominating her opponents. Holly crushed that.

One could argue Miesha got the better of her standing in their second fight, and Holly obviously lit her up, so we know Nunes can beat and finish her standing. But we also know if Ronda gets her to the ground it's extremely likely to be all she wrote. Too many variables to touch this one IMO, but in terms of who is strictly "supposed" to win, Vegas has Ronda at around -140.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
And I know she's an ugly girl, but that's the best shot they could get of nunes? Just don't even put her mug on the poster... sheez

I actually think Nunes is quite sneaky-attractive (especially outside the ring), but I agree that's an awful photo. I wonder if they picked it intentionally for a more stark contrast to RR.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I find it funny how there's this "I am strong" campaign going along with Ronda when she was so broken after losing to Holly that she almost quit MMA. I think Nunes starches her and then she quits for good.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The thing about Nunes is that she'll fade pretty quickly if she doesn't finish Rousey early. She has a brief window to win the fight (basically the first round) and needs to stay off the ground during that time. If you want to bet on Nunes, bet on a 1st round TKO but I really think that's her only chance.

I'm not betting on the fight because I really don't have any idea what will happen. To me the most likely scenario is Nunes rocks her in Round 1 but can't finish, then Rousey subs her in Round 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad