Light Heavyweight bout: CB Dollaway vs. Francimar Barroso
Lightweight bout: Drew Dober vs. Jason Gonzalez
Lightweight bout: Damir Hadzovic vs. Yusuke Kasuya

Last edited:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I have a slight preference for the Reem ... and know little Miocic.
Therefore i name winner by KO : The REEM !

knowing that whoever wins the bout, will face ... Cain ... and that will be the end.
Cain should stay on top for some time.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I have a slight preference for the Reem ... and know little Miocic.
Therefore i name winner by KO : The REEM !

knowing that whoever wins the bout, will face ... Cain ... and that will be the end.
Cain should stay on top for some time.

I would favor Miocic over Cain IMO

Miocic is kinda a "Better striker, lesser wrestler" version of Cain

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
How in the world is Overeem fighting for the belt in the USADA era? Crazy to me.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
This will be my first UFC event attending in person. Pretty excited for it.

Curious to hear your thoughts after. I'll be trying to get tickets for the Toronto card. Guessing mine will be more expensive however. Just curious if I'll be spending the whole night looking at the screen or not.

member 51464

Kind of not believing Punk is fighting until it happens.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Curious to hear your thoughts after. I'll be trying to get tickets for the Toronto card. Guessing mine will be more expensive however. Just curious if I'll be spending the whole night looking at the screen or not.
If you get really good seats, it's worth it. If you're in the upper deck, don't waste your money. Sitting on the floor for UFC 120 in London cost I think 400 pounds ($550 USD) and cost $1,000 at UFC 187 at the MGM. Worth it. Spending $150 upstairs you're just watching on the big TV's.
He was too big to begin with. Smaller, more mobile and a Jackson-wink game plan.
Don't underestimate the Jackson-Winkeljohn component. Overeem's size / experience / athletic ability is one of the greatest pieces of clay ever, and it's been put in the hands of the greatest artists ever. Great QB + great WR. Great driver in a great car. It's a scary combination.
Hopefully Punk gets destroyed.
I don't care if he wins or loses, but I want to see him put up a decent showing. Call me a sucker, but I like these Kimbo / James Toney / Herschel Walker "challenge myself" narratives. Brock lost his UFC debut, but you could clearly see he had some game. If CM Punk at least does that, it'll be a successful evening I think.

I'm most excited about Werdum / Browne. They're both so big and so talented. The 4 possibilities for a Miocic / Overeem winner vs Werdum / Browne winner all excite me.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like Miocic but I've been an Overeem fan for a long time so I'd like to see him win. He has a questionable chin but I think he has a really good chance here if he sticks to Jackson's gameplan.

I don't care too much about CM Punk either way. I'm just glad it's finally happening so we don't have to hear about his potential debut anymore.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
He was too big to begin with. Smaller, more mobile and a Jackson-wink game plan.

He was mediocre before the size though. He was getting his head smashed in often. He put on about 40 lbs in muscle, and then adjusted his style purely on that strength with the skill he had. He'd win fights by smashing guys in the clinch in MMA and kickboxing. K1 had to change their rules because of him.

Came into the UFC, smashed Brock around the clinch with knees and got suspended. Came back, fought at a distance and was exposed. Now he's somehow adjusted (shoutout to Greg Jacksons) and is fighting for a belt.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
If you get really good seats, it's worth it. If you're in the upper deck, don't waste your money. Sitting on the floor for UFC 120 in London cost I think 400 pounds ($550 USD) and cost $1,000 at UFC 187 at the MGM. Worth it. Spending $150 upstairs you're just watching on the big

Thanks. Thing is, a lot of my friends won't go above $250 CAN.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Thanks. Thing is, a lot of my friends won't go above $250 CAN.

I spent 220 on mine and I'm essentially in the Q's club level. I'll be directly behind either the Red/Blue corner depending on how they have them enter.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
He was mediocre before the size though. He was getting his head smashed in often. He put on about 40 lbs in muscle, and then adjusted his style purely on that strength with the skill he had. He'd win fights by smashing guys in the clinch in MMA and kickboxing. K1 had to change their rules because of him.

Came into the UFC, smashed Brock around the clinch with knees and got suspended. Came back, fought at a distance and was exposed. Now he's somehow adjusted (shoutout to Greg Jacksons) and is fighting for a belt.

I'm talking about the last 2-3 years, specifically. This first 2 loses in the UFC were the same old Reem. Jacked up, carrying 30 lbs of extra muscles, used up his energy going for the kill, got cocky and gassed.

He was different in the Rothwell fight, but not confident in his game plan. And he got caught. He's continued to evolve to become a UFC fighter, not just a brute kickboxer that can run through people with his power.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
My main event prediction: Because Heavyweight is a hilariously bad division and weird ***** almost always happen in HW fights, i predict Miocic shoots for a takedown and gets guillotined in the first minute to end the fight in the most anti-climatic way possible :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
My main event prediction: Because Heavyweight is a hilariously bad division and weird ***** almost always happen in HW fights, i predict Miocic shoots for a takedown and gets guillotined in the first minute to end the fight in the most anti-climatic way possible :laugh:

:laugh: I hate being a huge fan of HW fighters, so unpredictable.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Watched Punk's interview with Ariel. Apparently the weight cut is not doing so well. Says he's never cut weight in his life and didn't do a practice one in camp.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Watched Punk's interview with Ariel. Apparently the weight cut is not doing so well. Says he's never cut weight in his life and didn't do a practice one in camp.

Meh, I think he's having it rough just like everyone else, when he said he was "over 200lbs" last week, that was bull, he was within 20 pound months ago on his documentary.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Yeah he doesn't look anywhere close to 200. I'm guessing he's around 180-185 but cutting that weight for the first time in his life with no help? He'll either be over and be extremely sluggish on fight night.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Yeah he doesn't look anywhere close to 200. I'm guessing he's around 180-185 but cutting that weight for the first time in his life with no help? He'll either be over and be extremely sluggish on fight night.

Maybe, I have a friend who cut 30lbs in 3 days, not the smartest guy and not exactly a natural athlete, and he did fine in his first professional bout. All depends on the person. And from watching Punk interviews, I think he's too smart to overlook the weight cut, I'm willing to bet he's just working the media (he may still be slow and sluggish, but I doubt it will be from the weight cut :laugh: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad