Welterweight bout: Neil Magny vs. Lorenz Larkin
Welterweight bout: Colby Covington vs. Max Griffin
Bantamweight bout: Ning Guangyou vs. Marlon Vera
Middleweight bout: Alberto Uda vs. Marvin Vettori

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Diaz by submission. After that I see McGregor demanding a title fight at 155 and somehow, yet again, get out of fighting at 145.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I like Conor but I don't see this going any differently than the first. He's not gonna all of a sudden develop the power to put Diaz away. He landed bomb after bomb on Diaz the first time and it wasn't enough. Diaz's size, length, and range are still gonna pose the same problems.

And not to discredit Conor at all, but he strikes me as having a bit of a bully mentality. What I mean by that is he's essentially fueled by his confidence. When that's there he presses forward, has that swagger, and his opponents succumb to it. But when they don't he seems to wilt.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Excited for this one. There's at least five legit fights on this card. Should be an entertaining lead up as well so might as well get the thread started early.

I really have no idea what's going to happen in the main event. I think it could go either way. If I had to pick, I'm probably leaning towards Nate right now.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
If Conor doesn't land the home run in the first 2 rounds, he's toast. Doesn't have the cardio to maintain his game for 5 and will get eaten alive if he hangs back. Many like to bring up that first round, but I've watched it a few times, Conor hit a LOT of air shots and was always glancing Diaz. Even with the focused training, I don't think Diaz is as open as he was the first fight, because he too, has had a legit camp.

This cards gonna be sick.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
No idea why Dana is doing this main event. Diaz is going to crush McGregor again. With Brock gone, McGregor's reputation dented, Jones on the bench and Ronda in limbo, the Fertittas chose a perfect time to cash out. Diaz is about to kill their last golden goose.

More excited for Teixeira v Rumble. That's going to be ****ing chaos. Knockout of the century candidate.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
No idea why Dana is doing this main event. Diaz is going to crush McGregor again. With Brock gone, McGregor's reputation dented, Jones on the bench and Ronda in limbo, the Fertittas chose a perfect time to cash out. Diaz is about to kill their last golden goose.

More excited for Teixeira v Rumble. That's going to be ****ing chaos. Knockout of the century candidate.

The main event is great for the UFC as long as Conor wins. They still have the Aldo fight and then the Nate 3 fight would be big.

I really don't know what happens if he gets finished again. I guess he fights Aldo regardless, but that takes a bunch of the shine off that one.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The main event is great for the UFC as long as Conor wins. They still have the Aldo fight and then the Nate 3 fight would be big.

I really don't know what happens if he gets finished again. I guess he fights Aldo regardless, but that takes a bunch of the shine off that one.

Yes and no. Dana and McGregor will use the whole "two weight class jump!" excuse if he loses again. He just cannot lose to Aldo. But if he were to, the "two weight class cut!" excuse will be used and we'll see a 3rd match vs Aldo. I realize I'm getting a little ahead of myself with that one.

Last edited:

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Agree that Diaz should be a slight favourite here. Conor's mental games clearly aren't going to give him an advantage in this one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't see the outcome of this fight hurting the UFC all that much. Conor can just go back down and defend his belt if he loses again. The rematch with Aldo will still be a big fight. On the other side of it, they'd have Nate who has become a pretty big star and will be an even bigger one if he wins again.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Diaz wins again, then McGregor goes back down to 145 and starches Aldo again.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I don't see the outcome of this fight hurting the UFC all that much. Conor can just go back down and defend his belt if he loses again. The rematch with Aldo will still be a big fight. On the other side of it, they'd have Nate who has become a pretty big star and will be an even bigger one if he wins again.

So what do you do with Nate if he wins again? He was never a great WW, and beating a FW twice isn't indicative of him at that weight either. Put him against someone like Maia or Condit, and I think he loses. Personally, I hope he goes back to 155 and he gets a title shot.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Diaz isn't winning this one. If you guys don't remember, Conor was toying with him in the 1st round. At the end of it Conor could of put his suit back on and hit the club without nobody noticing he was just in a UFC fight.

He simply got way too cocky in round 2, didn't acknowledge 1 punch wasn't going to put Diaz out and then got caught with a clean shot that made him dizzy all the way to the tap-out.

Next time will be different.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Diaz isn't winning this one. If you guys don't remember, Conor was toying with him in the 1st round. At the end of it Conor could of put his suit back on and hit the club without nobody noticing he was just in a UFC fight.

He simply got way too cocky in round 2, didn't acknowledge 1 punch wasn't going to put Diaz out and then got caught with a clean shot that made him dizzy all the way to the tap-out.

I didn't see any toying around. I love the Conor hype train so I hope I'm wrong but Diaz hurt him and Diaz could take every punch Conor through at him because he's a scrapper. This is going to be a really tough fight for Conor.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So what do you do with Nate if he wins again? He was never a great WW, and beating a FW twice isn't indicative of him at that weight either. Put him against someone like Maia or Condit, and I think he loses. Personally, I hope he goes back to 155 and he gets a title shot.

That's what I'd like to see. I know there's talk out there that Khabib is getting the next shot but I still think it's possible they haven't announced anything for Alvarez yet because they want to see what happens in this fight.

We're also talking about a Diaz brother though so who knows what will happen. He has said many times he doesn't care about the belt and he only wants big fights. I could see him asking for someone like GSP, which would get him paid but he'd also lose a one-sided fight.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I watched it two days ago. That's definitely not what happened.

Nate started slow because he had a super short camp and didn't spar at all. He got into the fight after three minutes, completely dominated the second round even before the clean shot. He started a little slow in the Michael Johnson fight too.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

I want what your smoking. Conor wasn't "toying" with anything, he was loading up his left the whole round while hitting mostly air and glancing shots. You can see him taking deep breaths at the bell, actually, I think he looked better at the beginning of round two than he did in round one. No cardio. Maybe you can enlighten me as to how he can turn 7 minutes of cardio into 25?

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I rewatched the first fight, Conor wasn't doing as good as i remembered him do. A lot of overreaching and missing his shots.

First round was pretty close.
2nd round was actually the best round for Conor in term of landing offense until he gets tired, rocked, tapped

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Diaz will destroy him yet again. I wonder how Conor will repair his image after another humiliation.

member 51464

Anyone know what Conor has been working on? I think he has viewed himself as a cerebral guy and I think he is smart enough to know just trying to knock Nate out isn't a winning strategy. So I'd be curious where he thought to focus his efforts.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Anyone know what Conor has been working on? I think he has viewed himself as a cerebral guy and I think he is smart enough to know just trying to knock Nate out isn't a winning strategy. So I'd be curious where he thought to focus his efforts.

He's smart, but stubborn and egotistical. I wouldn't put it past him to try his same game plan and expect a different outcome. The problem is, if he does lay back and not pressure, Nate will walk him down and pepper him. I don't think he has the wrestling or the cardio to grind on Nate for 5 either. My best guess would be more of the same, I mean, it still might be his best bet considering the power he has.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Apparently his camp pleaded with Connor to go back to down to his normal weight class, but he is determined/stubborn to have another go.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
He's smart, but stubborn and egotistical. I wouldn't put it past him to try his same game plan and expect a different outcome. The problem is, if he does lay back and not pressure, Nate will walk him down and pepper him. I don't think he has the wrestling or the cardio to grind on Nate for 5 either. My best guess would be more of the same, I mean, it still might be his best bet considering the power he has.

Problem is, Connor's power isn't anything special at WW where there's a lot of more powerful punchers.

Connor's cardio is frustrating, he looked fine wrestling Holloway, but now he's gassing so quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad