Featherweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Alex Caceres

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Sean Strickland vs. Tom Breese
Light Heavyweight bout: Jonathan Wilson vs. Luiz Henrique da Silva
Middleweight bout: Kevin Casey vs. Elvis Mutapcic
Lightweight bout: Polo Reyes vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The two title fights are likely going to be easy wins for the champs but still a solid card overall. There could be a few fun fights.

Some good young fighters spread out throughout the card (Holloway, Poirier, Ortega, Dariush, Breese, Strickland, etc)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Bisping deserved the title shot, but the problem is that he's just not good enough to compete here. I'm cheering for Bisping, but... Rockhold TKO round 2.

Cruz is just too quick for Faber, again. Watching these guys fight, you would have thought Faber was the one who had been battling injuries the last few years. Again, cheering for Faber but.. Cruz by 50-45 decision.

I don't think Lamas has anything for Holloway. He's tough though, but Holloway wins an easy decision.

Lombard v Henderson has split decision all over it.. these guys always seem to be in the middle of close and controversial fights. I'll take Lombard via split decision.

Poirer v Green - Another close one that could go either way. I'll go Green via split decision, but I really have no feel for this one at all.

Lots of close fights all over the undercard. I have been trying to figure out why DHK is buried so deep on the undercard vs some nobody, but I see it's a different guy.

I will say this - this card has the makings of being a bit of a snoozer. Lots of really close fights and I think there will be a bunch of decisions. Rockhold should finish Bisping to cap the end of a decision-fest.. but it wouldn't surprise me to see 8-10 decisions on Saturday.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Lombard v Henderson has split decision all over it.. these guys always seem to be in the middle of close and controversial fights. I'll take Lombard via split decision.

I doubt Hendo's chin can survive a punch from Lombard and Lombard is hittable enough to get H-Bombed. be shocked if it went past the first round :laugh:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Could be a brutal KO for either one of them if it ends early or it could be a brutal fight if it goes the distance because they'll both probably gas out.
They both still throw heat, even when gassed. I would set the over-under at 120 seconds.

I see you down there, Marco Polo Torres. Trying to take your 5-2 record with your 4 KO wins and your 2 rear naked choke losses and fight Dong-Hyun Kim. DON'T DO IT, young man. You'll regret it. If you can't protect your neck in Mexico, good luck doing it against the Stun Gun. Bet big on that, folks. DHK's grappling ain't nothin' to **** with.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
They both still throw heat, even when gassed. I would set the over-under at 120 seconds.

I see you down there, Marco Polo Torres. Trying to take your 5-2 record with your 4 KO wins and your 2 rear naked choke losses and fight Dong-Hyun Kim. DON'T DO IT, young man. You'll regret it. If you can't protect your neck in Mexico, good luck doing it against the Stun Gun. Bet big on that, folks. DHK's grappling ain't nothin' to **** with.

Wrong DHK.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Cruz will win a lopsided decision or possible late TKO.
Rockhold will probably dismantle Bisping
Lombard will likely TKO Hendo.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Wrong DHK.
LOL, two South Korean UFC fighters both named 김동현. I missed the prelims of the Seoul fight back in November ... didn't realize there were two guys with the exact same name on the same card. Jeez ... glad I didn't actually place that bet yet haha.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
MAIN CARD (PPV)

Middleweight Championship bout: Luke Rockhold (c) vs. Michael Bisping
Bantamweight Championship bout: Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber
Featherweight bout: Max Holloway vs. Ricardo Lamas
Middleweight bout: Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard
Lightweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Bobby Green

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Featherweight bout: Brian Ortega vs. Clay Guida
Lightweight bout: Beneil Dariush vs. James Vick
Women's Strawweight bout: Jessica Penne vs. Jessica Andrade
Featherweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Alex Caceres

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I liked this new rule of fighters weighing in as early as 10am. Hopefully this means better performance tomorrow.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I'm looking forward to seeing T-city back in there, his guard is insane.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I liked this new rule of fighters weighing in as early as 10am. Hopefully this means better performance tomorrow.

I didn't know they were even doing this. This is very good for the fighters and they all seemed to love it. I believe it's only in Cali right now but hopefully they start doing it everywhere else as well.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Bisping is going to get wrecked. Cruz and Faber might be awesome or one sided. I think Hendo beats Lombard, Holloway will be too fast for Lamas and Porier will beat up the highly annoying and whiny Bobby Green.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm not a Rockhold fan, but I like how he doesn't do the fake tough guy I'm gonna act all furious routine. He's always composed in all of these exchanges. When Bisping poked him today most guys would act like they wanted to fight right then and there. It's ridiculous. Rockhold was very composed and just smiled at Bisping. I respect that.

I'm a huge Hendo fan but I'd be shocked if he didn't get finished and subsequently retire tomorrow night. He's looked TERRIBLE his last few fights.

Didn't watch the weigh ins, any weird crap with the new weigh in times?
I love this format. Gives the fighters more time to recover, and the weigh-in show is quicker since guys don't have to strip all the way down, immediately drink something after getting on the scale, balance the scale out perfectly, etc. I know it was a fake scale, but I didn't mind it. Still had the same feel. Guys just didn't look nearly as drawn out. Only weird thing was Bisping sorta very softly jabbed Rockhold in the ribs/stomach, but it didn't escalate from there.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I'm not a Rockhold fan, but I like how he doesn't do the fake tough guy I'm gonna act all furious routine. He's always composed in all of these exchanges. When Bisping poked him today most guys would act like they wanted to fight right then and there. It's ridiculous. Rockhold was very composed and just smiled at Bisping. I respect that.

I'm a huge Hendo fan but I'd be shocked if he didn't get finished and subsequently retire tomorrow night. He's looked TERRIBLE his last few fights.

I love this format. Gives the fighters more time to recover, and the weigh-in show is quicker since guys don't have to strip all the way down, immediately drink something after getting on the scale, balance the scale out perfectly, etc. I know it was a fake scale, but I didn't mind it. Still had the same feel. Guys just didn't look nearly as drawn out. Only weird thing was Bisping sorta very softly jabbed Rockhold in the ribs/stomach, but it didn't escalate from there.
Agreed the flexibility is better for the fighters, but what's the point of setting up the stage and having Arianny and the fans show up if they're not actually weighing in? If you just want one last photo op, have another press conference. This "weigh in" was just an excuse for Joe Rogan to yell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad