UFAs: Who do you want? Who don't you want?

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
The influence he could have on the young 'uns would make it worth it. Could be this year's Vanek for us. Him and Grigorenko

Would give us a good option on PP2.

PP1: Green - Mantha - Abdelkader(Net front)-Zetterberg - Nyquist
PP2: Daley - Tatar - Sheahan(Net front) - Jagr - Larkin/Nielsen

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Another vote for Jagr, because well, it's Jagr. It'd be another reason to watch this team.

Plus we could pretend we drafted him instead of Primeau in 1990 and he was on the Wings for his whole career.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Another vote for Jagr, because well, it's Jagr. It'd be another reason to watch this team.

Plus we could pretend we drafted him instead of Primeau in 1990 and he was on the Wings for his whole career.

Without Primeau, we don't get Shanahan. Jagr on the wings all his life is an interesting thought though...

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
If there's cap space, signing Jagr would be fun to watch. He was interested a while ago, he might still be.

Trading Nyquist/Tatar and Russo/Sproul for a cheaper upgrade on D would alleviate some capspace and some room to sign him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If there's cap space, signing Jagr would be fun to watch. He was interested a while ago, he might still be.

Trading Nyquist/Tatar and Russo/Sproul for a cheaper upgrade on D would alleviate some capspace and some room to sign him.

Hmm, there's no cap space, if we dont trade a bigger contract.

Like Mrazek or Tatar.

Trade Tatar for future assets, sign Jagr for 2nd line RW for 1-season.

I almost like it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
All aboard for signing Jagr because he's an entertaining player and I could add him to my Stars to Wings list.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
All aboard for signing Jagr because he's an entertaining player and I could add him to my Stars to Wings list.

He isn't the player he was but that doesn't change much. The guy can still play and would certainly be a great way to put people in seats since the product is very bad right now. Signing him would be not only good because I certainly think that he improves our PP which is one of the biggest reasons we sucked last year but you can market Jagr still. (Not nearly as much as other players but for the price and where we are, I think its great tool)

Just sucks that we have so much money tied up in JUNK. Holland has us so restricted its disgusting.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
He isn't the player he was but that doesn't change much. The guy can still play and would certainly be a great way to put people in seats since the product is very bad right now. Signing him would be not only good because I certainly think that he improves our PP which is one of the biggest reasons we sucked last year but you can market Jagr still. (Not nearly as much as other players but for the price and where we are, I think its great tool)

Just sucks that we have so much money tied up in JUNK. Holland has us so restricted its disgusting.

What are the odds, and this question goes out to anyone, that we can move one of those bad contracts? I know they all have Ntc or Nmc, what's the chance we could get one of the players to wave? The prospects of staying here might not be great? If one of the swedes is unhappy maybe more want to go. Yes I know we might have to retain salary or add picks etc. It would be nice to get a free asset like Jagr, and move Tatar for a nice return, sort of fills his spot to an extent, and we get much needed picks back.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What are the odds, and this question goes out to anyone, that we can move one of those bad contracts? I know they all have Ntc or Nmc, what's the chance we could get one of the players to wave? The prospects of staying here might not be great? If one of the swedes is unhappy maybe more want to go. Yes I know we might have to retain salary or add picks etc. It would be nice to get a free asset like Jagr, and move Tatar for a nice return, sort of fills his spot to an extent, and we get much needed picks back.

Move Tatar for a defensive prospect and/or draft pick and have Jagr replace him. That way you're not tying up years to another winger. Larkin and Mantha have paydays next season. Can't have Nyquist and Tatar making $10 million between them. Plus Helm and Abby signed forever.

So yeah, get a cheaper future asset and Jagr is only on a 1 year deal so your cap situation is better for next season. ANNNDDD for Ken Holland and the Wings, they get to promote legend Jagr in the new arena which definitely is more fun than Tatar. I mean I like Tatar a lot, but come on... Jagr. Dude is one of the best of all time and even into his 40s he's awesome. Who wouldn't want a Jagr jersey or at least a t-shirt with the Winged Wheel on it?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

I don't seeing many waving. Green and Neilsen might.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't seeing many waving. Green and Neilsen might.

Yeah, for all the faults we talk about, Detroit is still a great team to play for. Even with all my criticism, as a veteran player in the league, it would absolutely be on my short list of organizations. They do seem to treat player quite well unless you're just breaking into the league.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Yeah, for all the faults we talk about, Detroit is still a great team to play for. Even with all my criticism, as a veteran player in the league, it would absolutely be on my short list of organizations. They do seem to treat player quite well unless you're just breaking into the league.

At some point in time, I can see Neilsen waiving.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
At some point in time, I can see Neilsen waiving.

His contract doesn't help that, with how it back dives. We end up not saving a whole lot in the final two years. It'd be funny if it was a different organization, but Holland seems to hand out contracts that are not only too long and too high of a cap hit, he structures them to work against waive/buyouts. Gator's contract does it. Helm's. Glendening's (WTF?). Even Daley's. I'm betting Tatar's does, too.

It could also make them more attractive on the trade market, except so many teams dance so close to the cap anyway that I'm not sure how much that actually helps facilitate a move anymore when the cap hit is still $5m.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00