UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifying Part 3

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hungary must have a better option somewhere, he was a emergency backup for Fulham last Year in the Championship, and was perhaps the worst goalie I've ever seen play at that level

Their other two keepers are backups at their clubs, albeit decent levels: Bogdan (Liverpool) and a backup keeper in La Liga

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I wouldn't be shocked if Kolasinac, Spahic, and Lulic all got reds at some point during this game. Pretty remarkable how psycho all three of them are.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
not a single shot on target I think in that half, minus the penalty kick. Bosnia had more territorial advantage towards the end of the half but haven't created even a half decent chance, couple long range shots that's it

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Ireland win 3:0 on aggregate and qualify for back to back Euros. The Bosnians were disappointing in both legs, however looking at the way they did in the groups the Irish also deserved it more with their results against Germany while Bosnia labored in an easier group.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
The world is better without pieces of garbage who chant during moments of silence being at the Euros.

I agree, but it's pretty trivial compared to some of the stuff I've seen during past qualifications and friendlies throughout international soccer games. At least these guys were cheering for their team and not mocking somebody's race, religion, or ethnicity like we often see.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If you look at the talent on the Irish team it's a whale of a coaching job by O'Neill to qualify. Yes it's an easy tournament to qualify for in relative terms but really it's not like Ireland are really more talented than Scotland and they're comfortably less talented than Poland and obviously Germany as well.

In the playoff, Bosnia had the better players but were the worse team for sure and that's down to coaching.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Croatia "B" totally dominate Russia "B" in Rostov, 3:1 win with the goals coming from Kalinic, Brozovic and Mandzukic. Russia made 10 changes to the side which beat Portugal while Croatia started only 3-4 regulars and 4 domestic league players. Maybe calling them a B-team is harsh but it certainly wasn't the best team

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Germany-Netherlands in Hannover just got cancelled. Many thousands have to leave the stadium.

Bomb threat apparently.

:shakehead

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Croatia "B" totally dominate Russia "B" in Rostov, 3:1 win with the goals coming from Kalinic, Brozovic and Mandzukic. Russia made 10 changes to the side which beat Portugal while Croatia started only 3-4 regulars and 4 domestic league players. Maybe calling them a B-team is harsh but it certainly wasn't the best team

This game showed that Russia has no decent central and left defenders in the reserve

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
The final two playoff games kick off in about 30 minutes, most eyes will be on Denmark-Sweden with it being a close tie while Ukraine are in Maribor with a two goal lead

For Denmark all three substitutes, who made a big impact on the first leg, start the second leg (Hojbjerg, Jorgensen and Poulsen). Sweden remain unchanged

Slovenia surprisingly have Ilicic on the bench but add two attacking players to their lineup in Bezjak and Pecnik. Ukraine only make one change and its defensive midfielder Stepanenko returning from suspension

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad