UEFA Conference League 2021-22 Megathread

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The hotly anticipated Conference League began with a couple of early scheduled games last night (M. Tel-Aviv 4 - 1 Alashkert and M. Haifa 0-0 Feyenoord), but most of Match Day 1 is coming tomorrow. List below:

Kairat (Almaty) - Omonoia (Nicosia)
HJK (Helsinki) - LASK (Linz)
Flora (Tallinn) - Gent
Slavia Praha - Union Berlin
Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar) - PAOK
Slovan Bratislava - Copenhagen
Mura (Slovenia) - Vitesse
Rennes - Tottenham
Qarabag - Basel
Anorthosis (Nicosia) - Partizan (Belgrade)
Bodø/Glimt (Norway) - Zorya Luhansk
Roma - CSKA-Sofia
Randers (Denmark) - AZ Alkmaar
Jablonec - CFR Cluj

Reactions: cgf

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The hype is real :yo:

Right? I already got a message from my son's rugby team that the parking lot won't be available for their Thursday practice (right next to the Slavia-Union game)!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm pumped to scout for next year when Brighton finds themselves in this competition ;)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Right? I already got a message from my son's rugby team that the parking lot won't be available for their Thursday practice (right next to the Slavia-Union game)!

I can't wait for the real CL to start for real. :yo:

Would've loved to have been there for one of the games, even though f***in UEFA won't let us use our stadium.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Tottenham's group isn't the easiest. Rennes and Vitesse are top10 teams in this competition and to get two such teams as opponents in their group means they can probably only afford one slip-up/loss, if they want to progress further.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Vitesse are absolutely not Top 10 in this competition.

I obviously haven't seen all the games from other teams, so you might be right. But they finished 4th in Eredivisie last season and have had a couple of bad results this season, but I'm not sure if any of 32 other teams will do much better in their respective leagues, which are most below Eredivisie's quality. And even the ones that do, are still not that good compared to Eredivisie's teams.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ah, didn't realise there was a buried thread about this from last month till it got bumped now. If a mod wants to merge that's OK..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad