UEFA Conference League 2021-2022

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha. Yes. "Trophy".

I have always wondered what you win when you win the EL. Oh yeah you are the 17th best team in Europe that season or something?

This tournament you are the 87th best team in Europe? I would value winning a 4 team friendly tournament in Asia in July higher.

What Spurs get is basically the opportunity to get players like Lo Celso match fit and give players like Gil, Scarlett etc. minutes.

As long as you don't have many injuries and you don't have to travel far it is no problem for me. Also financially a team like Spurs would make a decent amount on each home game. Even if I am not sure how they have been pricing it. Worst case scenario the games are cheap which gives fans that normally don't go a chance to see a game.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Some Tottenham team news ahead of their match: Dier, Sessegnon and Son didn't travel to France because of injuries and LoCelso, Romero and Sanchez are still isolating in Croatia after their NT matches.

Bergwijn is with the squad after his injury.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'll take a 2-0 loss. Slight improvement from the weekend and we should be happy. Maybe a shot on goal, but that might be a bit unrealistic so....

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
This tournament is so shit even Spurs are oddsfavorite to win it. Not sure they will though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A first half yellow-red isn't going to help, but this can still be turned around. Inthe 20 minutes I caught the czechs defended well, but there were gaps to take advantage of.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Doherty is a special player.

Another useless half by Spurs. So poor in possession. It's like the players are afraid of the ball.

Gil decent. The rest poor at best.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Elliott mk2. But since Lucas didn't break his ankle nothing.

Ridiculous the amount of problems Spurs are accumulating. Thankfully Lucas seems to be OK - even if I guess he'll miss Chelsea. That ankle will be sore tonight.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Who would have thought that we will be behind Arsenal after 6 games.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Maybe it will go down at goaldifference. Do you think Son are back for NLD?

No idea. As far as I know zero information about him. Just the rather strange comment made by Nuno of him not being well. Whatever that means.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
No idea. As far as I know zero information about him. Just the rather strange comment made by Nuno of him not being well. Whatever that means.

Maybe they’re forcing him to armyduty after all lol. Just kidding. But it is strange. Kane is nowhere near his best without him and Spurs are a much beatable team at this point.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Maybe they’re forcing him to armyduty after all lol. Just kidding. But it is strange. Kane is nowhere near his best without him and Spurs are a much beatable team at this point.

Kane has always been a slow starter. Don't think that is necessarily linked to Son. Also Kane obviously got to get over this summer mentally as well. He is the least of my worries at the moment.

Anyway. Got to have some perspective as well. When PSG with 10x as much individual quality as Spurs can be that average one might want to give Spurs some time at least. Even if it is boring watching them for the moment.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Kane has always been a slow starter. Don't think that is necessarily linked to Son. Also Kane obviously got to get over this summer mentally as well. He is the least of my worries at the moment.

Anyway. Got to have some perspective as well. When PSG with 10x as much individual quality as Spurs can that average one might want to give Spurs some time at least. Even if it is boring watching them for the moment.

Yeah, you’re right about Kane. That is also strange how he always seems to become a sunday league player in august/september. As you say it is probably extra this year cause of the circumstances. He doesn’t want to be at the club and cannot hide it.

Funny you mention PSG though. The reason PSG are average is due to Pochettino i think. He’s just a sore loser.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah, you’re right about Kane. That is also strange how he always seems to become a sunday league player in august/september. As you say it is probably extra this year cause of the circumstances. He doesn’t want to be at the club and cannot hide it.

Funny you mention PSG though. The reason PSG are average is due to Pochettino i think. He’s just a sore loser.

Be careful saying such things on here. On here Pochettino has a six-pack.

Reactions: Brunkmeister

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Be careful saying such things on here. On here Pochettino has a six-pack.

I thought you Spursfans still had a neck for him but you’re telling me you agree he’s a loser? :) He sure didn’t do much good for you guys in the end.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I thought you Spursfans still had a neck for him but you’re telling me you agree he’s a loser? :) He sure didn’t do much good for you guys in the end.

I don't think he is a loser. Spurs in 2016 and 2017 were fantastic. But his moaning does get old after awhile. And I'm still unsure how good he is. How much of that team was luck and how much was down to him. Don't know. Time will tell. If he can recreate what he created with Spurs in Paris then PSG will be amazing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Ndombele showing crazy skills without end product.

Ndombele showing crazy skill with end product.

First game of the season....

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Ndombele showing crazy skills without end product.

Ndombele showing crazy skill with end product.

First game of the season....

He was great on the ball. Set up both goals. Still think he needs to play together with a #6 and a #8 to cover for him defensively against good opposition though.

I don't believe Nuno will play him much, but that's not a slight on Ndombele. Nuno is just extremely risk-averse and boring.

Edit: Welcome back by the way! :thumbu:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad