GWT: UCL R16 Second Legs (current events talk in First Leg thread)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Two posts from Salah. LFC should have 3 goals but here we are. Not over yet either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would like to get Origi on for his holdup play sooner than later

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Think they may need to re-sod the pitch at Anfield this summer. It’s looked so bad most of the year. I know City replaced theirs last summer

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Vidal just saved the game there with that block on Diaz

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It was text book red actually. :laugh:
Absolutely no way. Orange at best. It was late, but the amount of force was non-existent. Optically it looked worse because he gave Thiago a bloody boo-boo.

Even if you want to argue it was red, the delta between the "wrongness" of that call to the second yellow he got was laughably wide.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Absolutely no way. Orange at best. It was late, but the amount of force was non-existent. Optically it looked worse because he gave Thiago a bloody boo-boo.

Even if you want to argue it was red, the delta between the "wrongness" of that call to the second yellow he got was laughably wide.
Too bad there is no such thing as an orange card

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

You simply don't tackle stud up leg in the air. It does not mater if it's a broken leg or a just an open wound. It was reckless and dangerous and he got away with it.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Too bad there is no such thing as an orange card
The hypothetical orange card is below a red, so I think the point is pretty clear. It looks bad and it was late, but that would have been a weak red card by all measures.
You simply don't tackle stud up leg in the air. It does not mater if it's a broken leg or a just an open wound. It was reckless and dangerous and he got away with it.
The force of the tackle is absolutely relevant to the question of how you discipline the play.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The hypothetical orange card is below a red, so I think the point is pretty clear. It looks bad and it was late, but that would have been a weak red card by all measures.

The force of the tackle is absolutely relevant to the question of how you discipline the play.
I don’t agree. It’s a late, bad, studs up, tackle. Doesn’t matter if a toddler is doing it or if Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing it. Especially in UCL when the refs don’t have a complex about it like they do in the UK

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool had at least 3 great chances so I'm not criticizing them.
They had the five best chances of the game.
  • Matip crossbar
  • Virgil header right after Matip crossbar
  • Salah hitting the post twice
  • Diaz shot blocked by Vidal
LFC were the unlucky ones today.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Watched the Bayern game until 4-0, they schooled those poor kids in Salzburg. Their central defender with some very limited plays, if that had happened in the Romanian league I'd be sure he was bought off.

Then switched to the Liverpool game. They were the deserved winners, but somehow their 4 offensive players today were all a bit off (Jota didn't look fully fit). However everyone familiar with La Liga knows Mateu Lahoz is the only star of any game he referees, he just has to make himself the center of attention. That was never a second yellow for Alexis. Liverpool fans should be worried this Inter old boys team gave them a bit of a scare, very bad defensive play from Matip and van Dijk on Lautaro's goal. I didn't understand Inzaghi's changes either, he coached them scared. And what a warrior Vidal is, gonna miss him dearly when he retires.

Last edited:
Reactions: les Habs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Watched the Bayern game until 4-0, they schooled those poor kids in Salzburg. Their central defender with some very limited plays, if that had happened in the Romanian league I'd be sure he was bought off.

Then switched to the Liverpool game. They were the deserved winners, but somehow their 4 offensive players today were all a bit off (Jota didn't look fully fit). However everyone familiar with La Liga knows Mateu Lahoz is the only star of any game he referees, he just has to make himself the center of attention. That was never a second yellow for Alexis. Liverpool fans should be worried this Inter old boys team gave them a bit of a scare, very bad defensive play from Matip and van Dijk on Lautaro's goal. I didn't understand Inzaghi's changes either, he coached them scared. And what a warrior Vidal is, gonna miss him dearly when he retires.

Yeah, was worried Bayern might do something like this to Salzburg and go on a run to finish the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad