• Liverpool

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
No I'll say it again.
It's stupid asshole fans, majority of which were English AS USUAL, who came in and exposed the ruthless and stupidity of our police force.
There wouldn't have been any trouble if not for those idiots.
Again two hours earlier we had the rugby final. No English fans, no problem.
I don't give a rat ass about rugby, olympic, or whatever event they have there. It's comparing apple to orange. They knew what was coming and well in advance. Blaming it on the fans is the easy way out to disregard the issue and deflect the blame on others.

I will give you an example for the superclasico in argentina on going in into the stadium, 60k fans inside with tickets, maybe 20k+ ticketless, another 10k+ thugs and criminal trying to steal you or cause chaos, it is very dangerous and scary. They still handle it better than the french did. They have 4 gates to pass, each with tons of securities and police officers, they also have tons of police officer/swat surrounding the area to arrest any trouble maker or dangerous individual AND they seperate lines between men, kids, women, disable and elderly people in separate line (own security and gate) so they protect the vulnarable from the get go.

If you apply that same recipe to the CL game then there are no problem even with these dreaded english awful fans. Sorry but all the video that I have seen have shown full incompetency from the authority to handle it properly. If you are going to a game with your kids your life should not be threatened.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool had big games in Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Munich, Milan, Kyiv, Basel, Porto, Lisbon all without problems in the last few years. And some of those times many times to those cities and for finals… with no problems each time. Their fans also travel a lot for all these games. The only time there was any problem with Liverpool fans was when some Rome piece of shit tried to murder Sean Cox. That’s it. English fans are awful but Liverpool fans tend to know better how to behave and learned based on what happened in the past. Perhaps there is a bit of pre judgment here on the behalf of the authorities that caused this. Because again, they’ve been to all these places, no problems.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There’s also a limited chance a lot of the Liverpool fans are turning up for national team stuff. The majority of Liverpool supporters aren’t at national team matches

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
OMG I loled at the EPL fan quoting that after the Everton invasion.
I wondered who would be the guy who would use this.
If you have read all of my post you would know how much I HATE pitch invasion.

It just seem that your specificaly target English fans while it is common for all fans.

Also from reading french press they also seem to deflect the blame of their incompetence to the english fans.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If you have read all of my post you would know how much I HATE pitch invasion.

It just seem that your specificaly target English fans while it is common for all fans.
I didn't write anything in the Everton pitch invasion discussion.
Because I fully understand how that can happen, regardless of the country.
There was a great one in Toulouse, where it was all party for the promotion. And then you got some that go bad.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't write anything in the Everton pitch invasion discussion.
Because I fully understand how that can happen, regardless of the country.
There was a great one in Toulouse, where it was all party for the promotion. And then you got some that go bad.
No I'll say it again.
It's stupid asshole fans, majority of which were English AS USUAL, who came in and exposed the ruthless and stupidity of our police force.
There wouldn't have been any trouble if not for those idiots.
Again two hours earlier we had the rugby final. No English fans, no problem.
You literally just put the blame on english fans a couple posts before.
Of course there are idiots with every fanbase.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think the same thing I always think of cops. That they look for trouble and if there isn’t any they’ll make trouble. They have to justify their pay after all and that’s what they did here
Said this earlier but at the fan zone they were great for the first 95% of the game. But when it became clear LFC was going to lose it became shoot first, ask questions later. Like t the thought process was “if we tear gas them now, maybe they won’t riot later” even though there was no evidence anything bad would occur.

This is video.

This took place in zone 18. I was in area 26. Luckily we were among the first people out of there and didn’t get tear gassed

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
A Liverpool fan must have banged Evilo's wife this weekend. Only reason to keep denying the locals and police could have anything to do with the escalation and continuing to blame to big mean English.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Liverpool had big games in Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Munich, Milan, Kyiv, Basel, Porto, Lisbon all without problems in the last few years. And some of those times many times to those cities and for finals… with no problems each time. Their fans also travel a lot for all these games. The only time there was any problem with Liverpool fans was when some Rome piece of shit tried to murder Sean Cox. That’s it. English fans are awful but Liverpool fans tend to know better how to behave and learned based on what happened in the past. Perhaps there is a bit of pre judgment here on the behalf of the authorities that caused this. Because again, they’ve been to all these places, no problems.

Listen, French organizers and authorities completely botched this. But we need to cool it on the saintly Liverpool angle. This isn’t the only vid out there of bad behavior from the match.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You literally just put the blame on english fans a couple posts before.
Of course there are idiots with every fanbase.
Yes and I literaly told you pitch invasions are totally different.

A Liverpool fan must have banged Evilo's wife this weekend. Only reason to keep denying the locals and police could have anything to do with the escalation and continuing to blame to big mean English.
Thank you for your concern, but my wife is just fine by my side.
And if you can't see I blamed the police for the escalation, you need to go back to learning how to read. Maybe your boyfriend can help you.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Listen, French organizers and authorities completely botched this. But we need to cool it on the saintly Liverpool angle. This isn’t the only vid out there of bad behavior from the match.

I mean on the scale of Russia vs England kind of thing. Unfortunately people fight on medium scale all the time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Always here for beating up nazis.

• Love
Reactions: luiginb

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yes and I literaly told you pitch invasions are totally different.

Thank you for your concern, but my wife is just fine by my side.
And if you can't see I blamed the police for the escalation, you need to go back to learning how to read. Maybe your boyfriend can help you.
Imagine anyone else on this board getting away with this casual homophobia.

Always here for beating up nazis.
Was waiting for this one lol. I'll grant you it looks suspicious, but I genuinely think it's just a drunk Madrid fan taunting with rapidly declining motor function.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Was waiting for this one lol. I'll grant you it looks suspicious, but I genuinely think it's just a drunk Madrid fan taunting with rapidly declining motor function.
I dunno man that feels very nazi salute to me. I think it’s a Drunk Madrid fan taunting with a nazi salute with rapidly declining motor function. Either way, he was certainly asking for it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Just for context. Will see how it goes. Not expecting much if anything but sums up what I heard from those who experienced this.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I dunno man that feels very nazi salute to me. I think it’s a Drunk Madrid fan taunting with a nazi salute with rapidly declining motor function. Either way, he was certainly asking for it.
“Either way” he was asking for it? Damn, didn’t realize you were one of those tough guy football fans. My bad.

If you think there’s any excuse to sucker punch a guy because he taunted you when your team lost, I don’t know what to tell you.

• Haha

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I am just making fun of a politician sounding......like a politician.

I think he is right, but he sounds like the hall monitor wanting your pass to let you go to the bathroom.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
“Either way” he was asking for it? Damn, didn’t realize you were one of those tough guy football fans. My bad.

If you think there’s any excuse to sucker punch a guy because he taunted you because your team lost, I don’t know what to tell you.
I think if you go to a fan zone with thousands of fans cheering for the opposite team and you are mocking them, then yes, you are asking for it. Cours de Vincennes was not a neutral watch party it was a fan zone that was delegated for the Liverpool fans.

Like if a Millwall fan did that in the middle of the Boyelyn Ground (sorry if I am spelling that wrong and sorry I don’t know any other West Ham home bases) would you not think that they are asking for trouble? Would you think they would get a warmer reception?

I am just making fun of a politician sounding......like a politician.

I think he is right, but he sounds like the hall monitor wanting your pass to let you go to the bathroom.
Completely fair.

I will say he has been very instrumental in trying to protect fan rights across the UK and has been trying to champion a Hillsborough Law so this definitely fits what he stands for. You should read up on that more.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I think if you go to a fan zone with thousands of fans cheering for the opposite team and you are mocking them, then yes, you are asking for it. Cours de Vincennes was not a neutral watch party it was a fan zone that was delegated for the Liverpool fans.

Like if a Millwall fan did that in the middle of the Boyelyn Ground (sorry if I am spelling that wrong and sorry I don’t know any other West Ham home bases) would you not think that they are asking for trouble? Would you think they would get a warmer reception?
Almost assuredly not. But when it happens, I'm not going to cape for the guy smashing a guy's jaw because he got mad about a football game and put the blame squarely where it belongs - on the guy committing the act of violence.

And listen, it's endemic with football, especially where alcohol is involved. It's not just Liverpool, and certainly not just the English.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad