GDT: U20 WJC GDT: Switzerland vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub*

is the U18 team guy schroeder playing well? he seems to be putting up some points at least

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The score certainly favored Meyer. He played great by all accounts. Some positives for the U.S:

* Power Play scored four goals. Good special teams play is essential.

* Jeremy Smith made the saves when he had to.

* The big guns (Okposo. JVR, Colin Wilson) seem to be producing.

* Jordan Schroeder had a big game.

Look for forward to the game against Team Russia!

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Mayer is playing for Saint John of the Q, and is currently ISS's top ranked goalie for the upcoming draft. He is incredible at stopping the low shot and is working on the high shot.

His biggest concern is stamina. His career high for GP before this year was 22, but he will best that by a lot this year. Fullerton has outplayed him, but Fully is 3 years older, and Mayer has been pretty bad a couple of times. He is perfectly capable of single-handedly winning a game, though.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Alright boys 2-0, good games from Bobby, JVR, huge shot total again and still somehow was a close game. Maybe I'll be able to watch the United States play an international hockey game?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
There's no stopping the prodigy that is Jordan Schroeder.

I am SO glad that he is solidifying his placement as a top 2009 prospect. So many people doubted he'd be as good as the minor hype he has had. Guess what? He is.

BIG game from him and Bobby Sangs as well. Again, it's against a weaker competitor but at least this competitor is one who beat them last year (I think) and who usually is a decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad