GDT: U18 Worlds Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

I think Nichushkin needs a smack on the head for the way he is playing, that 2nd goal was at least partly his fault. I think he just got an earful from Kravchuk.

Dares

May 13, 2009
The problem with Czechs is that they think they can handle Russia...

i heard czech coach/players talking in english- czech hochey is doomed

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I think Nichushkin needs a smack on the head for the way he is playing, that 2nd goal was at least partly his fault. I think he just got an earful from Kravchuk.
there'll need to be more than one smack, the way he's been playing lately.
btw, czechs coach's expression :( at the end of the game was priceless

Fulcrum

there'll need to be more than one smack, the way he's been playing lately.
btw, czechs coach's expression :( at the end of the game was priceless

Agreed, he may be exhausted but it's no excuse to keep holding on for the puck just to show that "you can".. shoot the damn thing or pass it off.

Dares

May 13, 2009
explain ?

Player or coach was shouting telling guys to keep moving- in english
highly doubt it was the fans who probably 99% russians in there

players were tangled in a board battle and clearly heard someone shout : keep moving

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
The problem with Czechs is that they think they can handle Russia...

i heard czech coach/players talking in english- czech hochey is doomed

maybe it's the same English that modern Russians are speaking i.e. ''golkiper'', ''forvard'', ''slepshot'', ''seiv'' etc.

Russia didn't take the game too seriously but still won without much problems just waiting for opponent's mistakes and with good goalkeeping. Where have I seen that before... ehmm Finland - Czech Rep, Finland -USA.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga

players were tangled in a board battle and clearly heard someone shout : keep moving

Then again you can hear such Russian as "unbelievable save'' nowadays on tv by Russian announcers, so I wouldn't judge them too harshly. Probably the guy's (coach) a nutty North American hockey fan that shows why this team peppers the opponent's goalies but has no luck except vs Latvia that has a bad team and even worse goaltending...

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
maybe it's the same English that modern Russians are speaking i.e. ''golkiper'', ''forvard'', ''slepshot'', ''seiv'' etc.

Russia didn't take the game too seriously but still won without much problems just waiting for opponent's mistakes and with good goalkeeping. Where have I seen that before... ehmm Finland - Czech Rep, Finland -USA.

Russians don't use "slepshot". There is a great word "schelchok".:laugh:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

That was the referee or linesman telling them to keep the puck moving, because he's not going to blow the whistle for a tie-up.

Dares

May 13, 2009
Most likely

Commentator was talking about Vrana playing in Europe and more young guys leaving to play in european leagues. I see this sorting out their problems slightly as players at a young age more or less play same style/big ice size, higher chance to develop in solid players. Better option to the NA.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I really doubt our coach/players were speaking english on each other.. lol

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Once again, the Russian offense looked really good, as if they could almost name their score; but at the same time, the defense was once again very shaky. Glukhov had an easy chance to clear the zone on the second Czech goal, but he chose to play with the puck under pressure, and after he turned it over, he failed to pick up his man, who walked in and scored. They are definitely going to have to pick up their defensive game in the Playffs

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Been impressed by Tkachev those games, he reminds a bit of Mozyakin with his stickhandling and skating. The whole line with Barbashev and Tolshinsky looks good, and wow does Tolshinsky have some good hands or what? He could have scored a real beautiful highlight reel goal today. Hope he can grow a bit more becuse he is really skilled. And i agree with Nichushkin been pretty bad, he look so disinterested on ice, so hope he wake up for the playoff games.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
It figures that in the first solid defensive game from the US it would be the offense and goaltending that would falter. Obviously great goaltending and solid defense by the Finns played a big part in nullifying the US offense but if Demko had been able to make a single big save the game could have gone a different way. I'd also like to nominate McCarron for dumbest play of the tournament with his decision to steam roll the opposing goalie with just over two minutes remaining.

With the US needing successive wins against Sweden, Russia and then likely Canada (or perhaps the Finns) I'd say the odds of extending the gold streak just became extremely low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad