HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just watching his highlights I noticed this a lot. Carries the puck not unlike a C. Underrated hands imo.

His shot is pretty f***ing crazy. If he can really improve his skating he’d be a star no questions asked imo. That’s the only thing I see that is a bit lacking though he’s not a bad skater at all. He’s not insanely creative from what I seen but really smart with the puck.

I think he’s our guy and I’m pretty thrilled about that
I don't think he needs better skating to be a star. He's not any worse than guys like Kucherov, Robertson, Draisaitl, etc. His edges are also insane.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I was one of the very few that was still brazen enough to suggest he was special as of last year.

I’m quite certain he’s gonna be truly special and we’ll be crying tears of joy we got him.

It’s not even a discussion at this point 😂😂😅
Hes special for sure, there's just other special players out there, and Hughes is one of them.

Honestly crazy idea but I'd trade away Suzuki, Caufield, Guhel and all the bunch of pre-2020 picks and tank hard for Martone and McKenna and I'm pretty sure the team would be better off, not that I don't like those guys, I love them but lol, Chicago had the right idea man.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I don't think he needs better skating to be a star. He's not any worse than guys like Kucherov, Robertson, Draisaitl, etc. His edges are also insane.
That’s true he’s pretty shifty. Would just love for him to be more explosive. Just got a real good feeling about him.

I know bloodlines shouldn’t be a thing but f*** it’s Iginla. I can’t think of better bloodlines to have honestly

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Hes special for sure, there's just other special players out there, and Hughes is one of them.

Honestly crazy idea but I'd trade away Suzuki, Caufield, Guhel and all the bunch of pre-2020 picks and tank hard for Martone and McKenna and I'm pretty sure the team would be better off, not that I don't like those guys, I love them but lol, Chicago had the right idea man.
It’s not a bad one honestly but I truly like the make up of our team. Plus are the players underneath them worth it if you miss out on the 1OA?

I know you’re spitballing but I think we’re in a real good spot. We got quality and quantity just about everywhere

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Its shaping out to be great fowards drafts next 2. Hagens looks great as well...

Hagens & Martone should be quite the battle for 1st overall in 2025. McKenna stands alone in 2026.

I like Spencer, too. Kid is a player.

2025s & McKenna are out performing the 2024s by a fair margin for Canada.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It’s not a bad one honestly but I truly like the make up of our team. Plus are the players underneath them worth it if you miss out on the 1OA?

I know you’re spitballing but I think we’re in a real good spot. We got quality and quantity just about everywhere
Well Martone is goind 2nd overall next year so youre pretty insulated, all you need is to finish with the worst record. 2023 to 2026 was the best time to tank very hard, Chicago is going to have a monster of a team.

Were in a good spot but were probably always going to miss that one thing to put us over the top, realistically.
Is Lindstrom a C? If only Dach’s shot was better too. But yeah would be awesome
Yeah he's a C, but I wouldn't be surprised if hes a W at the next level. Dach is a better C than him.

Dach's shot is actually very good, he just never uses it. Goes back to his junior days lol.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not sure about that, you sell guys like Armia, Savard, Matheson, buy out Gallagher and its going to be a pretty young team that would go through some struggle.
No shot. To tank you need to throw out garbage with nothing on it like the Sharks and Blackhawks. The Habs young forwards and defence would make them slightly competitive. They are all getting better. They’d be in that 7-12 spot. Not bad enough to have a real shot at the top talent.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well Martone is goind 2nd overall next year so youre pretty insulated, all you need is to finish with the worst record. 2023 to 2026 was the best time to tank very hard, Chicago is going to have a monster of a team.

Were in a good spot but were probably always going to miss that one thing to put us over the top, realistically.

Yeah he's a C, but I wouldn't be surprised if hes a W at the next level. Dach is a better C than him.

Dach's shot is actually very good, he just never uses it. Goes back to his junior days lol.

The good news is we do have 2 firsts in 2025. We just need both of Calgary & Florida to tank next year & both get into bottom 10.

Calgary wins the lottery at #1, and takes Hagens. Florida wins #2, we get that pick, and take Martone.

What's the odds?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad