HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Canada just absolutely dominated that period.

They went from playing on their heels in the 1st to driving a freight train over Switzerland in the 2nd. Switzerland was left reeling.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The last player who dominated as much as McKenna is in U18s is McDavid.

It kind of makes me want to cry that we keep missing on players like this.

100%, we got 1st overall just one year too early. Then again, guys like Reinbacher and Slaf are pretty unique in the LA/Boston/St Louis cup win kind of way.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
100%, we got 1st overall just one year too early. Then again, guys like Reinbacher and Slaf are pretty unique in the LA/Boston/St Louis cup win kind of way.
idk. When I look at the Bruins way of playing or the Hurricanes, I feel like the more consistent way to dominate is to have strong players and depth. Players who really know how to play the 200ft game, unlike teams built around a few superstars and passengers elsewhere.

Not that I wouldn't like a superstar, but I am completely fine with what appears to be developing in Montreal. A solid defense with guys like Guhle and Reinbacher leading the way along with solid forwards like Suzuki, Slaf, hopefully Dach... it's really coming together nicely. Even Caufield who is less well-rounded still tries defensively and is making progress even though he will probably never win a Selke. If your best paid player is around 8M instead of 12, you mathematically get to give 4M more to other players who will get to also help your team achieve their goals. Players who play a good 200ft game never get paid quite as much as the offensive stalwarts. Only Toews came close, after captaining his team to multiple cups.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Call me when Slaf flirts with 100 points, let alone PPG. Come on now.
I said value. He could provide as much as Hughes because he has talent AND size. He will easily put up a point a game when the Habs have a 2nd line to take some of the pressure off. Hughes is putting up points with a deeper forward group and is hurt every season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
idk. When I look at the Bruins way of playing or the Hurricanes, I feel like the more consistent way to dominate is to have strong players and depth. Players who really know how to play the 200ft game, unlike teams built around a few superstars and passengers elsewhere.

Not that I wouldn't like a superstar, but I am completely fine with what appears to be developing in Montreal. A solid defense with guys like Guhle and Reinbacher leading the way along with solid forwards like Suzuki, Slaf, hopefully Dach... it's really coming together nicely. Even Caufield who is less well-rounded still tries defensively and is making progress even though he will probably never win a Selke. If your best paid player is around 8M instead of 12, you mathematically get to give 4M more to other players who will get to also help your team achieve their goals. Players who play a good 200ft game never get paid quite as much as the offensive stalwarts. Only Toews came close, after captaining his team to multiple cups.

Can't argue there, I agree.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and jrom

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I know it’s lame but I love that zone exit by Iginla. Made a 2 on 1 happen with nice pick control.
Just watching his highlights I noticed this a lot. Carries the puck not unlike a C. Underrated hands imo.

His shot is pretty f***ing crazy. If he can really improve his skating he’d be a star no questions asked imo. That’s the only thing I see that is a bit lacking though he’s not a bad skater at all. He’s not insanely creative from what I seen but really smart with the puck.

I think he’s our guy and I’m pretty thrilled about that

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Just watching his highlights I noticed this a lot. Carries the puck not unlike a C. Underrated hands imo.

His shot is pretty f***ing crazy. If he can really improve his skating he’d be a star no questions asked imo. That’s the only thing I see that is a bit lacking though he’s not a bad skater at all. He’s not insanely creative from what I seen but really smart with the puck.

I think he’s our guy and I’m pretty thrilled about that

My guess is Demidov -> Lindstrom -> Iginla and Im fine with that. We're getting a player who's going to be an excellent fit regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad