HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
USA out to a quick 2 goal lead against Latvia. Cole Hutson with the first goal.

As an aside, if you want your son to play for the US NTDP, name him Cole to help the odds. Cole Caufield, Cole Eiserman, Cole Hutson...

Cole is so f***ing good. I wish we had room for both brothers.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
One thing I liked about Tijs game last time was his ability to get his shot off in traffic on the PP and his willingness to get inside around the net.

Watching Toronto, I'd be sick if we had too many guys who are afraid of the middle. I do think we could handle one, but it's better if you have competitors with skill.

No interest in trading for Zegras who is as soft as baby shit and a wissy loser like Marner and Eiserman as well just looks like he's content to stay out of the muck.
You know I don't think we have any top guys anyway who are afraid of the middle or going to the net. I mean even Cole darts right to the front of the net if there is a potential scoring play. And I agree, let's keep it that way as one player like that is 1/3 of a line. Patches died when he didn't have Markov or PK to hit him with the stretch pass as he just wouldn't go into traffic. His line couldn't do anything then.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Just got to tune in as the kids went to the neighbour's to play.

29 looks like a big boi for US

Whomever is... that person to pick Connolley might be getting a steal for him being a pos

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You know I don't think we have any top guys anyway who are afraid of the middle or going to the net. I mean even Cole darts right to the front of the net if there is a potential scoring play. And I agree, let's keep it that way as one player like that is 1/3 of a line. Patches died when he didn't have Markov or PK to hit him with the stretch pass as he just wouldn't go into traffic. His line couldn't do anything then.
Max also never played with a decent center.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Not sure I get that logic. If you are stating they are too one dimensional to have both in the top six that might be a point to make, however Caufield has rounded out to a good 2way player and Eiserman has plenty of runway to improve that part of his game. Having two great/ borderline elite goal scorers in your top six would be a fantastic thing.
Caufield has improved defensively but he's not (yet) a good 2 way player.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's crazy how Caufield is getting no respect by some portion of this board because he didn't score 50 goals this year...

"You let me down. I feel betrayed. You're just a one-dimensional small player that can't perform in the playoffs."
They already forget what Caufield did as a rookie in the playoffs against the massive Golden Knights. I’m not worried about him in the postseason.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They already forget what Caufield did as a rookie in the playoffs against the massive Golden Knights. I’m not worried about him in the postseason.

Yeah, Caufield is a gamer. That 2 on 0 with Suzuki in Game 5 elimination against the Leafs. Perfect pass to Suzuki as he faked shot.

Then the play to Toffoli in OT, as they eliminate Winnipeg. Beautiful play off the boards, quick pass over for a Toffoli one timer. Pass was right on the money after winning a board battle.

He was huge against Vegas.

I feel really good with Caufield, Suzuki & Slafkovsky when we get into playoffs. Dach too. He was great for Chicago in the play-ins, too.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah, Caufield is a gamer. That 2 on 0 with Suzuki in Game 5 elimination against the Leafs. Perfect pass to Suzuki as he faked shot.

Then the play to Toffoli in OT, as they eliminate Winnipeg. Beautiful play off the boards, quick pass over for a Toffoli one timer. Pass was right on the money after winning a board battle.

He was huge against Vegas.

I feel really good with Caufield, Suzuki & Slafkovsky when we get into playoffs. Dach too. He was great for Chicago in the play-ins, too.
Just need to get Dach a winger that can finish and is willing to pay the price in order to do so.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
0-0 after 1. Canada didn't get their 1st shot til 10 minutes into 1st.

Swiss attacking Canada aggressively and with a ton of speed. They're working hard. Canada is sleep walking. Leenders is in net. He's had to be good. Shots were 15-6 for Switzerland.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It was a nice rush from his own end, but then he passes it right to Koerbler in high slot, who has an easy breakout.
I love his tools, but yeah he needs to look up and keep going around the back of the net when he sees no option in that situation.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad