HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Helenius and Hemming the only Finns of note in that game. Hemming really impressed me and would be a nice player to take with the Jets pick if the Habs are lucky. Fits the profile of what this team likes - big, plays against men, defensively responsible, late birthday.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Helenius and Hemming the only Finns of note in that game. Hemming really impressed me and would be a nice player to take with the Jets pick if the Habs are lucky. Fits the profile of what this team likes - big, plays against men, defensively responsible, late birthday.
What are you watching that game on? I have Canada-Sweden on while I work but couldn't find Finland-Latvia.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Did you not watch Ovechkin his first 10 seasons? Not only is he a monster of a man, he was a beast, hitting everything in sight and working his ass off in the offensive zone. A far better skater than Eiserman and way more skilled.
That's what I meant by tough guy. I was following the Sharks in his 1st season. They would hammer him and he would come back and hammer a Shark. He had the one timer and would fight for the puck. Yeah, he did more than just shoot. He doesn't any more though.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Did you not watch Ovechkin his first 10 seasons? Not only is he a monster of a man, he was a beast, hitting everything in sight and working his ass off in the offensive zone. A far better skater than Eiserman and way more skilled.
Comparing Ovechkin with Eiserman? No way!! :laugh:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
McQueen with a 5-minute major and a game. He would have been eligible for this upcoming draft if he was born 3 weeks earlier. He's huge!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
LOL the ultimate nopotism draft, only selecting players by their family name.

1. Iginla
2. Zetterberg
3. Koivu
4. Satan

Who am I missing?
Derek Plante's son. There must be some siblings and some more distant cousins too. Haha!

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
There is a very unlikely scenario where both Florida and Calgary picks are in the top 10 in 2025 and where Montreal gets the best pick of Calgary or Florida in 2026 (+ a 3rd I think), from the Monahan dump trade.

Could you imagine that?
I think it's a 2025 pick. I thought the 2026 could only happen if Calgary's 2025 was the only one in play and they won the lottery.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I think it's a 2025 pick. I thought the 2026 could only happen if Calgary's 2025 was the only one in play and they won the lottery.
You're right, Calgary needs to win the #1 OA 2025 pick in that scenario, then Montreal's gets its 2026 unprotected 1st + a 3rd.

Unlikely, but not impossible!

Reactions: Paddy17

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
9-0 Final.

Eiserman scored 2 late goals to pick up a hattrick.

4 pts for Hagens. 2g, 2a. Best player for Team USA.

I just want to point out that in the NHL draft thread back in December, I said Hagens was already a better player than Eiserman and was receiving laughing emoji for it.

I'll just say it again. Hagens is not only a better player than Eiserman is now (as a 2025 player), he'll always be the better player.
I stopped watching after one. I really don't like those no compete games.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad