HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If I’m the Isles, I don’t start the Josh Ho-Sang experiment again :laugh:

I don’t know, scouts really hate that kind of noise. I mean, he IS going somewhere, but I figure some cold sweats are going to happen while putting him up on the list. Polarising figure.
I never thought Ho-Sang’s skillset was ever translatable beyond the junior level. I think Connelly is a good player.

Reactions: Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I never thought Ho-Sang’s skillset was ever translatable beyond the junior level. I think Connelly is a good player.
He’s good and has electric skills, I’ll agree.
I don’t go to arenas nor watch complete games of the USHL so you are talking to a YouTube scouting opinion here.

What I’m reading on his character and the plethora of teams he either was kicked out or program changes yearly scream problems. Young yes, but now it’s a pattern. And when he got the chance to be where he should be, among the NTDP, he cost them the game with a play that was avoidable. I sense a lot of scouts throwing shit at each other in the war room.

Reactions: Tyson and le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He’s good and has electric skills, I’ll agree.
I don’t go to arenas nor watch complete games of the USHL so you are talking to a YouTube scouting opinion here.

What I’m reading on his character and the plethora of teams he either was kicked out or program changes yearly scream problems. Young yes, but now it’s a pattern. And when he got the chance to be where he should be, among the NTDP, he cost them the game with a play that was avoidable. I sense a lot of scouts throwing shit at each other in the war room.
Yeah I wouldn’t draft him, that’s for sure. I just don’t see him going undrafted. The game today did him no favours.

Reactions: Tyson and Gustave

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What's perfect for the Habs is that they won't pick him...and even if the guy ends up with 100 points, everybody will say that at the time...it was just impossible to pick him. Though I thought the same with Mailloux....imagine after picking Mailloux...

But I believe that pure talent wise, kid is still top 15 by far.

Reactions: jaffy27

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
What's perfect for the Habs is that they won't pick him...and even if the guy ends up with 100 points, everybody will say that at the time...it was just impossible to pick him. Though I thought the same with Mailloux....imagine after picking Mailloux...

But I believe that pure talent wise, kid is still top 15 by far.
He very talented, but not so talented I wouldn't pick a guy with less bagage instead. He's not any better of a potential pro prospect than a Lindstrom, a Catton or a Iginla IMO.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He very talented, but not so talented I wouldn't pick a guy with less bagage instead. He's not any better of a potential pro prospect than a Lindstrom, a Catton or a Iginla IMO.
Probably the best pure scorer available in the draft. He also showed more speed and quickness than I thought. Despite the holes in his game, he needs GPS to find his defensive zone, Eiserman offers an elite level offensive skill set that will probably land him in the top 8 taken in this year’s draft. Maybe higher..

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Tij Iginla has grown on me. I hesitate to draft by name but the Habs have screwed up in the past with Valeri Bure, Marcel Hossa among others. We did skip on Tkachuk.

I think Iginla might be closer to Tkachuk then Bure and Hossa above. I like he’ll be an NHL player and perhaps a heart and soul of the team. Looks to be a hard worker and can put up goals. You don’t score 47 goals by fluke.

He’s already better than his dad draft -1. I see him as a possible top 6 forward with 30 goals potential. Someone who with the heart of Gallagher. We don’t want to draft small players, and Iginla should be 6’1”-6’2” 200lbs after he fills out.

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Caufield
Iginla-Dach-
Tuch-Newhood-
Xhekaj-Beck-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad