GDT: U18 Semifinals (USA-SVK, CAN-SWE)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
That is why I don't like this IIHF stuff - minus the WJRS.

So... Sweden was completely clean for the final 30 minutes, while Canada was called over and over and over, again?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Canada really had to beat 3 teams out there today, Sweden, the refs and themselves. What a miserable lack of initiative to let Sweden come close like that. They were lucky this time, tomorrow they wont be if they keep playing like this vs the US.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
That is why I don't like this IIHF stuff - minus the WJRS.

So... Sweden was completely clean for the final 30 minutes, while Canada was called over and over and over, again?
Final 30 mins:

Sweden: 1 penalty (2 techincally)
Canada: 3 penalties

Excuse me, what?

Edit: first 30 was 3-2 Sweden. So Canada ended up with 1 (technically 0) more penalty than Sweden.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I remember world junior finals where penalties were 8-1 from every Bedard dive etc. Crosby dived win vs Finland in Sochi etc.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I know Sweden was coming back before the 5 minute call but...

The 5 minute call changed the game. The Canadians got VERY cautious after that call and you cannot play like that.

Add the fact that Sweden (apparently) did not take one penalty for almost 1.5 periods and....

This is why the IIHF is B.S..

Final 30 mins:

Sweden: 1 penalty (2 techincally)
Canada: 3 penalties

Excuse me, what?

Edit: first 30 was 3-2 Sweden. So Canada ended up with 1 (technically 0) more penalty than Sweden.
The reffing was garbage / slanted. Keep these refs away from the GMG.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I know Sweden was coming back before the 5 minute call but...

The 5 minute call changed the game. The Canadians got VERY cautious after that call and you cannot play like that.

Add the fact that Sweden (apparently) did not take one penalty for almost 1.5 periods and....

This is why the IIHF is B.S..

The reffing was garbage / slanted. Keep these refs away from the GMG.
I too run on straight vibes at times.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good job by Sweden coming on strong after a horrific start. Canada has talent but I hated how they sat back.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I remember world junior finals where penalties were 8-1 from every Bedard dive etc. Crosby dived win vs Finland in Sochi etc.
it's absolutely not at all insane to whine about a penalty Finland got called for.... over a decade ago..... in a game where Canada vastly outplayed Finland...... at a different tournament and age level than this...... in a thread about four teams, none of which is Finland. Not insane in the least.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
it's absolutely not at all insane to whine about a penalty Finland got called for.... over a decade ago..... in a game where Canada vastly outplayed Finland...... at a different tournament and age level than this...... in a thread about four teams, none of which is Finland. Not insane in the least.
Just putting Canada on their place with refereeing history. Not that hard to dominate when you have 16 minutes of powerplay from every Bedard dive and referees don't see other teams fauls

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Just putting Canada on their place with refereeing history. Not that hard to dominate when you have 16 minutes of powerplay from every Bedard dive and referees don't see other teams fauls
Reffing is pretty unpredictable man, every fan base and team thinks the ref is out to get them and the other team gets preferential calls, and every other fan base disagrees.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Watching a little Bull Riding on TSN - after the semis. To each their own but... I don't get it on so many levels.

I am off for a walk. Leafs in 7 !!!!!

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Not very impressed with Canada. Sweden better team for 2 periods. I think USA takes gold tomorrow.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Oh yeah you really put Canada in its place champ. Regale us with tales from more tournaments where Canada dominated - Canadians won't even show their faces again.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad