U18 Junior World Cup August 10-15 - online coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

notintheknow

Aug 10, 2004
Canada 7-1 Brule 2, Cogliano 2, Mikkelson 1, clutterbuck 1, omarra 1 2 assists not sure who played in goal there may have been other assists but i dont have the info sorry :(

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Good boys... :handclap:

tsn.ca

PIESTANY, Slovakia (CP) - Gilbert Brule of the WHL's Vancouver Giants and Andrew Cogliano of the Ontario Jr. A St. Michael's Buzzers each scored two goals to lead Canada over Switzerland 7-1 Tuesday in the opening game of the under-18 Junior World Cup.

Cal Clutterbuck, from the OHL's St. Michael's Majors, Portland Winter Hawks defenceman Brendan Mikkelson and Dan Bertram from the Camrose Kodiaks of Alberta Junior Hockey League also scored for Canada, which jumped out to leads of 3-0 after one period and 6-0 after two.

``We were fortunate enough to get out to an early lead and that put them on their heels,'' said Canadian head coach Dave Cameron, also coach of the Majors. ``After that we kept the pressure up on them and chipped away.''

It was a good start for Canada, which won gold in the first seven under-18 tourneys but lost to the United States in the semifinals last August and wound up fourth.

``I thought, much like the score would indicate, we played hard, unselfish,'' said Cameron. ``There are still kinks and rust we have to work out but we really liked the effort.''

The Canadians remain a work in progress, as they've only had five practices together. Cameron said players were still adjusting to each other and learning the team's system.

He expects a stiffer test Wednesday, when Canada plays Sweden, a team the Canadians know little about.

``We'll go over to have a peak at them,'' said Cameron.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
notintheknow said:
Canada 7-1 Brule 2, Cogliano 2, Mikkelson 1, clutterbuck 1, omarra 1 2 assists not sure who played in goal there may have been other assists but i dont have the info sorry :(

Playing in goal today for Canada was Carey Price. He had his shutout bid broken with just over 2 minutes remaining in the game.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Sweden defeats Switzerland 3-1 and will reach the semifinals for the first time in this tournament if Canada does not lose against Slovakia.

Now that's a nice hundreth post for a swede!

patfrancis22

Jul 13, 2004
The Medal Round is beginning, and my Canadian boys are taking on the U.S.A.

Which is too bad because the U.S.A. will probably beat Canada, just like they have in every head-to-head game in the last 1-2 years.

I hate to say it and I don't want it to happen, but it more than likely will.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
patfrancis22 said:
The Medal Round is beginning, and my Canadian boys are taking on the U.S.A.

Which is too bad because the U.S.A. will probably beat Canada, just like they have in every head-to-head game in the last 1-2 years.

I hate to say it and I don't want it to happen, but it more than likely will.

I highly doubt any team beats Canada, who are stacked with talent this year.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Komi#1 said:
Canada is on fire...they just won 8-2 against the Sweden!!! :handclap:
Did I Read the boxscores right for this game.I'm not sure, because I don't know
the language ,but it looks like Canada had 6 shorthanded goals .Wow,I
don't think I've ever heard tell of that before.Also it looks like they took
a whopping amount of penalties. When is the semi-final?

Canada and Czech Republic advance to the final

Semifinal results:

Canada - USA 4-0 (3-0, 0-0, 1-0)
Czech Republic - Sweden 3-1 (2-0, 1-1, 0-0)

5-8th place:

Slovakia-Finland 2-1 (0-1, 0-0, 2-0)
Russia- Switzerland 3-2 OT (1-0, 0-0, 1-1, 1-0)

Sunday's fixtures

Gold medal game: Czech Republic vs Canada
Bronze medal game: Sweden vs USA
5-6th place: Slovakia vs Russia
7-8th place: Finland vs Switzerland

For more comprehensive coverage (boxscores etc):

International Hockey Gang: U18 World Cup Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad