U.S. vintage jersies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prrebel

Nov 19, 2003
The Rock
Looks exactly like the Germans, Swiss, French, Cechs and Slovaks jerseys. Sorry, I'm not American but I like the
U
S
A
better. Why not an Eagle.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Prrebel said:
Looks exactly like the Germans, Swiss, French, Cechs and Slovaks jerseys. Sorry, I'm not American but I like the
U
S
A
better. Why not an Eagle.

I like the look better than that stupid USA in a circle with a pseudo-flag. But I agree, why can't the Americans put an Eagle on the front? Something akin to the seal on the back of the quarter.

Prrebel

Nov 19, 2003
The Rock
Beats the hell out of the new one.
You know you have a bad logo when the Nike Swoosh is as big as the team logo.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
Prrebel said:
Beats the hell out of the new one.
You know you have a bad logo when the Nike Swoosh is as big as the team logo.
That's a vintage sweater from 1932. I think they were gifts to Mike Modano and Chris Chelios for their contributions to USA Hockey.

At the press conference, Larry Pleau said that "those are 1932 Olympic jerseys that we are releasing, unveiling right now you are seeing the first two that have been created, the prototypes, and we are very pleased to introduce those."

evman150*

Is this the "other sports" forum? Cause I could have sworn those were soccer jerseys.

:joker:

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
Yikes! The 1932-style sweaters are going to be worn at the World Cup of Hockey. I thought they were only gifts for Modano and Chelios, as well as available for fans.

Team USA goes retro
excerpt:
Bauer Nike Hockey, along with USA Hockey, will be honoring the history of the sport when Team USA wears replica vintage jerseys from 1932 at the upcoming World Cup of Hockey
The 1980 uniforms have a lot more significance to me than the 1932 things.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
I think the logo should be larger. And about the suggestion of an eagle? If they lose, then they'd look like the Caps. JUST KIDDING!!!! :eek:
That will also explain why they're not using the Indianhead (for all my fellow Chi-town fans).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad