GDT: U.S.A. vs Sweden @ 7pm PT/ 10pm ET/ 4am Monday CEST

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The U.S. played a GREAT game but I like Canada's chances against that Swedish team and/or that American goalie.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hes very smooth but hes immature and gets rattled quite easily. Kind of kid that never really faced adversity.

All the physical tools. Good size and very fluid skater but missing something, it’s hard to explain. Tends to get pushed around a lot and fold against tough competition.

I’ve just never really been that overly impressed with Edvinsson, maybe I’ve only focused closely on limited international viewings and he’s better at other times. I’m not a huge fan of his game, but D men can take time and he’s got time to grow. He needs to develop a bit more of a mean streak to his game.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Might as well give Canada the Gold.

Americans look to be the toughest opponent and Canada will torch this goalie

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
This was sort of a bizarre game in the end.
5B58FA2A-8AEF-412A-9160-2BB2FBB878A6.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sweden isn't winning anything in this tournament with that type of effort and execution

They get the Latvians in the next game though. While I'd love to see Latvia be the plucky maroon engine that could, do we really - REALLY - think they're going to knock off the Swedes?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
All the physical tools. Good size and very fluid skater but missing something, it’s hard to explain. Tends to get pushed around a lot and fold against tough competition.

I’ve just never really been that overly impressed with Edvinsson, maybe I’ve only focused closely on limited international viewings and he’s better at other times. I’m not a huge fan of his game, but D men can take time and he’s got time to grow. He needs to develop a bit more of a mean streak to his game.
He has all the tools to be a number one but IMO he will fall short because of his lack of poise and drive. Good thing is, hes gonna play behind Seider.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Can’t marginalize this win. This was convincing, even with a fluke goal and a late PPG. Complete paralyzation. Swedes never had a single push after 1-0 that was earned from hard work.

First 55 minutes were perfect against a strong team.

Strong team effort, this is a good American team. They play a structured game and are competitive in all 3 zones.

The goaltending is a major question mark. I can see why American fans were concerned about it.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sweden was terrible tbh. Didn't deserve to be in this game. For a team with that many 1st round picks in their forward corps more than a little surprising they barely had any controlled entries or sustained pressure.

Americans look really really good. Dangerous players up front and for my money the best defense of the tournament. That blueline will have to be spotless if their goalie plans on playing like that tho.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad