Player Discussion: U-18 WJC Roster (18-28 april, Sochi)

Weide

Jul 28, 2003
Linköping, Sweden
WTF is up with all these LHC kids getting injured before the tournaments?
First it was Jesper Pettersson before the U-20's and now both Dahlström and VCR...

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Lines vs Germany:

de la Rose-Wallmark-Nylander
Burakovksy-Brodecki-Lindblom
Henriksson-Öhman-Bristedt
Blidh-Forsbacka-A.Karlsson

Hägg-Norell
Aho-Bergman
Andersson-Borgman

Not playing:
Westlund
Crus-Rydberg

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Ugh, USA in the QF:help:

USA has gotten mediocre goaltending so far, our chance is to take the lead maybe on a PP, and then go counter-attacking the rest of the game. If we open up the neutral zone they will eat us with their speed.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Defence was our biggest strength just a couple of years ago, now it's our biggest weakness. Hägg is not looking very good out there. The only forward that could match the Canadians in size, strength and speed was De la Rose. Burakowsky showed glimpses at times. Nylander also had a decent game. The rest were just a step behind in every shift.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I see it more as the team defense is lacking, which is more of a coaching issue. If you constantly give up 3on2 rushes your D's will be exposed and/or take penalties. High risk and only medium reward with the way this team forechecked today. It's still big ice after all. Good teams will get through it and punish you.

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
For those who have been able to follow the streams, how has Rasmus Andersson been playing? I see he leads the team in +/-.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
For those who have been able to follow the streams, how has Rasmus Andersson been playing? I see he leads the team in +/-.

He's been OK. He should perhaps lose some weight and improve his mobility though.

You can watch the game against Canada on the TSN website if you missed it.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

His minutes have been somewhat sheltered, but he's been a regular on the PP where he has had good puckmovement. Only seen Slovakia and Canada games though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad