GDT: U-18 WJC Day Two games

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Wow, 15 year old Jakub Vrana that plays for Linköping in Sweden is a total beast.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Danes equalized? Seems they got shorter benches at the other venue, two Danes have to sit in the back row. :laugh: Czech commentary on this stream by the way.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
This commentator sounds like he doesn't have much experience, but it's still enough to be better than regular guys on tv :laugh:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Amazing quality stream, + I really like the commentary. This guy is 100 times better than Zaruba!

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
true story bro :) He has some things to work on, but overally he's doing great job.

Yeah, that's true. I'm astonished by the quality of the stream though, I never get streams this good, even for NHL games lol:handclap:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
It looks like Latvia might beat the Swiss. That should put them in a great position to stay up in the elite group. They might even be able to beat Germany and make it to the quarterfinals.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
It's a great year for us as concerns forwards. Defensemen maybe not so much.... :D But we have great forwards for our level of play. There are couple other promising years coming up, 95, 96, 97 look good too so it's safe to say we'll continue to improve. Future looks bright.

At this point even our top guns haven't spoken, like Bļugers, Lipsbergs and Bukarts... Golovkovs (95) has come from nowhere (Latvian U18 league) and has scored 2 nice goals... Really good forwards with potential. We don't even have Girgensons but still can beat Swiss. Don't know much about Germany but they should be weaker than Swiss... at least in theory, doesn't look like they have a good year so anything's possible.

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
It's a great year for us as concerns forwards. Defensemen maybe not so much.... :D But we have great forwards for our level of play. There are couple other promising years coming up, 95, 96, 97 look good too so it's safe to say we'll continue to improve. Future looks bright.

At this point even our top guns haven't spoken, like Bļugers, Lipsbergs and Bukarts... Golovkovs (95) has come from nowhere (Latvian U18 league) and has scored 2 nice goals... Really good forwards with potential. We don't even have Girgensons but still can beat Swiss. Don't know much about Germany but they should be weaker than Swiss... at least in theory, doesn't look like they have a good year so anything's possible.
Golovkov, Lavrov - I'm pleasantly surprised with their performance. A win in regulation against Germans almost guarantees us a berth in 1/4. Not expecting much versus Sweden (a pair of goals would be nice).

And Tambiev misinformed the journalist of Championat.com when he said that Punnenovs will be #1 keeper. Merzlikins is playing great; I have big hopes for him.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Golovkov, Lavrov - I'm pleasantly surprised with their performance. A win in regulation against Germans almost guarantees us a berth in 1/4. Not expecting much versus Sweden (a pair of goals would be nice).

And Tambiev misinformed the journalist of Championat.com when he said that Punnenovs will be #1 keeper. Merzlikins is playing great; I have big hopes for him.

Yeah, surprised about Lavrov, it felt like he was lost this year playing in Swedish J18 elite and then not producing as well moving to Finnish U18 elite but he plays very well. Now I'd just love to see a few more goals from the guys already mentioned, MHL guys... they create chances but MHL HK Riga line is not producing (apart from Jevpalovs goal playing on the line with Lavrovs and Bukarts at that moment)... There's still the majority of games ahead so I hope we see them in action too.

But damn Ozolins-Golovkovs and Kulda line's good... At the moment it's our nr. 1 line as concerns the goals produced (3) and overall play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad