Signing(s): Tyron Smith signs with the Jets (1 year, up to $20 million)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In theory, yes, he will be protecting Aaron Rodgers' blind side. That could mean many different things, include it not meaning that at all.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Jerry and Stephen Jones are going to piss the goodwill they've rebuilt over since 2021 away in one spring lmfao

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Jerry and Stephen Jones are going to piss the goodwill they've rebuilt over since 2021 away in one spring lmfao
I think they've decided to move on from Dak already. On the field, he clearly has a ceiling. Off the field, the team has likely been doing him a favor in the shadows in helping keep quiet Dak's sexual misconduct, this protection is apparently no longer present.

Looking at the totality of the situation, it's very clear they're totally done.

One, Dak's subject to a criminal investigation. From what I see, there's not enough to show the claims are purely frivolous.

Jerruh knows how to protect the criminal Cowboys players; the 90s teams were full of guys people didn't know were doing less that savory things. But it's not there for Dak with regards to the sexual assault allegations.

Roster-wise, the core is allowed to move on and they signed no one.

Probably, Jerruh has accepted that he might die without another Super Bowl with or without Dak, and accepted a rebuild and hopes he can live to see the new corps win one for him, because this one did not.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The problem with that is both Dak and the Cowboys have said they want to get an extension done.
Non-binding words can be walked back depending on the circumstances. Or even if there is an extension, the contract maybe more favorable to Cowboys' ownership than Dak.

The Cowboys actions in letting a lot of guys go seems to indicate that they're not gunning for the Super Bowl this year.

Yes, there can be immediate impact rookies, but they're still too inexperienced for the NFL grind and especially the playoffs.

With the loss of some key talent so far, including this quality LT, it appears that Dak is set up to show he can work with less this year.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I think they've decided to move on from Dak already. On the field, he clearly has a ceiling. Off the field, the team has likely been doing him a favor in the shadows in helping keep quiet Dak's sexual misconduct, this protection is apparently no longer present.

Looking at the totality of the situation, it's very clear they're totally done.

One, Dak's subject to a criminal investigation. From what I see, there's not enough to show the claims are purely frivolous.

Jerruh knows how to protect the criminal Cowboys players; the 90s teams were full of guys people didn't know were doing less that savory things. But it's not there for Dak with regards to the sexual assault allegations.

Roster-wise, the core is allowed to move on and they signed no one.

Probably, Jerruh has accepted that he might die without another Super Bowl with or without Dak, and accepted a rebuild and hopes he can live to see the new corps win one for him, because this one did not.
This is so off base :laugh:

Dak’s ‘sexual misconduct’ is very likely going to get dropped soon, when the victim realizes her consensual sex almost a decade ago isn’t going to get her the pay day she thinks it will.

Cowboys likely do a quick rebuild, though, whether that’s with Dak or without Dak. They have the best WR in the league, and best defensive player in the league, both on their first contract (super young).

Tyron going makes a lot of sense to me. He hasn’t played a full season in a long time, and every second season gets a season-ending injury climbing out of bed. Cowboys likely go Tackle in R1 and continue to invest draft capital in the offensive line.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Cowboys need a RB1, WR2, LT or LG, C, RT. Hell Martin is in the last year of the deal and that’s just on offence. With the way their front office operates nothing about this is a quick rebuild.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Considering that Jerry has pubically called this season all-in, the claims about a rebuild are dumb and it should justify the fanbase's anger. Also, you don't just let Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb, top 3-5 guys in their position, walk lmfao.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Non-binding words can be walked back depending on the circumstances. Or even if there is an extension, the contract maybe more favorable to Cowboys' ownership than Dak.

The Cowboys actions in letting a lot of guys go seems to indicate that they're not gunning for the Super Bowl this year.

Yes, there can be immediate impact rookies, but they're still too inexperienced for the NFL grind and especially the playoffs.

With the loss of some key talent so far, including this quality LT, it appears that Dak is set up to show he can work with less this year.
Smith has barely played the last few years, there's a reason teams weren't lining up to sign him.

Reactions: fin8

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Smith is a great player. When he plays. That’s the problem. You know he’s going to miss games, just don’t know when and how many. Not a good thing. Jets need all the help they can get with their offensive line. A good signing for them.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's strange for sure. Both sides have talked about wanting to get a deal done, but if that was true, it would have been done by now because a big point of a Dak extension would be to lower his cap hit. Waiting until after a bunch of your own guys leave and the other expensive free agents have been signed to sign Dak makes no sense.

If they've decided Dak isn't the guy and want to move on (McCarthy is also up after this season), I guess I get it because Dak is certainly not special. But... going back into the QB carousel is a rough one. They've been blessed going from Romo to Dak for 20 years where their total QB draft investment has been nothing.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021

No imminent offer to Dak. Looks like he'll play out his last year.

Contradicting reports.

It would be in the Cowboys best interest to extend Dak. I know it's fun to hate the Cowboys, especially Dak, but virtually every analytic points to Dak being a top five QB in the league. He constantly runs one of the top offenses in the league, with rotating head coaches, offensive coordinators, WRs and TEs.

Kind of sucks to see the management and ownership throwing in the white towel this offseason. The NFC was wide open for the taking this year. The 49ers are better than the Cowboys, but last year, the Cowboys were better than every other NFC team. In an ideal world, we replace the entire coaching staff, but we did drop the weakest link - Dan Quinn, and upgraded him MASSIVELY with Zimmer. Dak should have been extended, and the Cowboys should have gone "all in", filling some holes and fixing up the weaknesses. The cap is a myth.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It's strange for sure. Both sides have talked about wanting to get a deal done, but if that was true, it would have been done by now because a big point of a Dak extension would be to lower his cap hit. Waiting until after a bunch of your own guys leave and the other expensive free agents have been signed to sign Dak makes no sense.

If they've decided Dak isn't the guy and want to move on (McCarthy is also up after this season), I guess I get it because Dak is certainly not special. But... going back into the QB carousel is a rough one. They've been blessed going from Romo to Dak for 20 years where their total QB draft investment has been nothing.
Jerruh was probably told that even though his mortality is looming, it won't make a difference because Dak hasn't done it on the field and the corps lost a lot of guys. They can draft rookies fairly well, but experience is experience, and you need some to get far in the playoffs and get the young guys read.

Then the off-field things are a potential concern. The sex assault victim's attorneys brazen willingness to expose themselves to a lawsuit for civil extortion, which they will likely have some liability for even if Dak is shown to have some probable evidence of doing misconduct, suggests there is some dirt on Dak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad