Injury Report: Tyron Smith has torn left hamstring - out indefinitely and could miss months

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Cowboys should be pretty bad this year. I remember the last time he got hurt we sucked big time.

gonna spend my year looking at Will Anderson highlights

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Losing your all pro/future HOF left tackle before the season starts really sucks.

Cowboys offensive line is gonna suffer big time.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Rest of the NFC East: So you're saying there's a chance....
Well, we know the Giants and Commanders are going to be awful. We also know no team is allowed to win the NFC East two seasons in a row. This means we can already congratulate the Eagles on winning the division.

Cowboys should be pretty bad this year. I remember the last time he got hurt we sucked big time.

You’re saying entering the season with maybe one good o-lineman, one good WR, and no kicker is a problem?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Well, we know the Giants and Commanders are going to be awful. We also know no team is allowed to win the NFC East two seasons in a row. This means we can already congratulate the Eagles on winning the division.

You’re saying entering the season with maybe one good o-lineman, one good WR, and no kicker is a problem?
Never thought I’d say this, but I wish Jerry took over the team again. At least we were aggressive. Stephen penny pinches

Reactions: fin8

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Never thought I’d say this, but I wish Jerry took over the team again. At least we were aggressive. Stephen penny pinches
The Cowboys always do this after a good regular season. They overrate their roster, think all they need are some gap fillers, and then flop the next season.

The Cowboys had some of the best luck of any team last season when it came to having very few injuries.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Last year the Eagles didn't really have the talent, but they had the best offensive line in the division, maybe in the league, and that was always going to keep them around, even while the team spent the first half of the season barely being able to function. Now they have more talent and are able to hedge their bets on not having to commit to Hurts

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
This is back-breaking, and I would agree with those that are predicting the Eagles as the division winners. I think the Eagles are going to be way harder to play against than last year.
The Cowboys always do this after a good regular season. They overrate their roster, think all they need are some gap fillers, and then flop the next season.

The Cowboys had some of the best luck of any team last season when it came to having very few injuries.
You are my favorite Cowboys fan on the internet. There's never any excuses or bullshit with you, ever.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This is back-breaking, and I would agree with those that are predicting the Eagles as the division winners. I think the Eagles are going to be way harder to play against than last year.

You are my favorite Cowboys fan on the internet. There's never any excuses or bullshit with you, ever.
I never understand how any Cowboys fan can be optimistic knowing how the team is run.

Shit. Look at this offseason. They went into the draft and decided to use their first round pick on a project o-lineman who needs a season or two before he'll be ready to be a starter. They were so confident about the team after last season that they essentially passed on the first round this year.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I never understand how any Cowboys fan can be optimistic knowing how the team is run.

Shit. Look at this offseason. They went into the draft and decided to use their first round pick on a project o-lineman who needs a season or two before he'll be ready to be a starter. They were so confident about the team after last season that they essentially passed on the first round this year.
Yeah, right before the frigging Ravens picked Tyler Linderbaum. I hate Baltimore 365 days a year but I doubly hate them on draft day. Kyle Hamilton and Tyler Linderbaum. Stupid Ravens.

There were a bunch of teams that reached on OL in the 1st round. I think some other teams reached worse than the Cowboys did. I know that doesn't exactly make anyone feel any better though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

Unless Dak gets hurt (you never know), there is no way they will be picking that high. The Bears, Texans, Seahawks, and Falcons are terrible. Plus I think the Giants, Panthers, and Football team are going to be really bad too.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on

I bet he starts this year. You also said it was a mistake when they took parsons last year.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I bet he starts this year. You also said it was a mistake when they took parsons last year.
I did. I was frustrated watching them spend too high of picks on LBs (especially on a gamble like Jaylon or an injury prone bruiser like LVE). And then out of nowhere Parsons turns out to be something no one saw coming. Parsons might be one of the best pass rushers in the league, and we only got to find this out because of a couple of injuries early in the season.

I also agree Smith is going to start at tackle because they don't have any other options. They were already thin at that position before Tyron's injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad