Confirmed with Link: TYLER TOFFOLI AT 50% for 2024 3rd, 2025 2nd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We don't know when Vilardi will be back sure he might skate on Monday but he might slip on banana peel on his way of the ice. So ya I was looking at this weekends lineup

That and someone else could get injured this weekend "knock on wood"

As our past playoff runs would show this team has had a hard as hell time staying healthy. I expect everyone to get games.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
yeah if we didn't make this move, i was a proponent of seeing what Barron had as a top-6er over Iawfullo. Idk if they'd sit Iafallo, but think it'll end up being Perfetti.
Thats how I see it. Perfetti is going to very good but I think this is a developmental and learning year for him. By no means is it a step backwards.

And I agree with you about Barron. He has been my favourite dark horse Jet this year and could legit see potential in him as a top 6 power forward.

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg

Attachments

• 150420_JETS_0518_19114193.jpeg
    150420_JETS_0518_19114193.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 4

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Kings fan here in peace.

You guys are gonna love Tyler: contagious smile and postive attitude, great all around guy, just Streaky AF

Best of luck in the playoffs
LT Dan! What's up bud! Thank you for the travel tips when I came down to LA last year.

Also thanks for the heads up, Gabe is also pretty streaky so we'll know what to expect I guess.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I believe Toffoli is a 25 -30 goal scorer which will be huge for the Jets depth scoring. We're beginning to shape our team model after Vegas, with a lot of upper middle players, that give us huge depth.

I believe this is the key to winning in today's NHL, and that is staying away from those "huge contracts" like the Leafs and the Oilers carry, that really hurts your depth.( usually in goal or defence)

Hope Tyler fits in with the locker room, and hope he continues to do well this year.

I think the Jets have a very good chance now of winning the Central division, and maybe go on to win the Cup. I like the deal. :nod:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We don't know when Vilardi will be back sure he might skate on Monday but he might slip on a banana peel on his way of the ice. So ya I was looking at this weekends lineup
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the best we'll see from Villardi is about 40 games per season. Too bad, but it seems his body can't hold up.

jpell007

Jan 16, 2015
@Maukkis The only Cup winner in the last 5 seasons to not add at the deadline is the '19 Blues. They are an obvious anomaly.

Everyone else added, won, and those additions played huge roles.

2023: Vegas; Barbashev (18 pts in 22 games)
2022: Colorado; Lehkonen (8g + 6a in 20 games incl.an OT winner, sending the Avs to the Final) 2021 + 2020: Tampa Bay; Blake Coleman & Barclay Goodrow (both acquired in 2020... played with Yanni Gourde and were a dominant line in both Cup runs)

Do teams add and not win? Of course. Boston last season is an obvious example. The Jets in 2019. Only 1 team can win so by nature, there will be more examples of TDL "losers" than winners. The fact remains, however, most Cup winners benefit from adding at the TDL.

Suggesting the TDL is a gimmick is ludicrous.

I'd love to see a deep dive into this topic dating back 20 years.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
@Maukkis The only Cup winner in the last 5 seasons to not add at the deadline is the '19 Blues. They are an obvious anomaly.

Everyone else added, won, and those additions played huge roles.

2023: Vegas; Barbashev (18 pts in 22 games)
2022: Colorado; Lehkonen (8g + 6a in 20 games incl.an OT winner, sending the Avs to the Final) 2021 + 2020: Tampa Bay; Blake Coleman & Barclay Goodrow (both acquired in 2020... played with Yanni Gourde and were a dominant line in both Cup runs)

Do teams add and not win? Of course. Boston last season is an obvious example. The Jets in 2019. Only 1 team can win so by nature, there will be more examples of TDL "losers" than winners. The fact remains, however, most Cup winners benefit from adding at the TDL.

Suggesting the TDL is a gimmick is ludicrous.

I'd love to see a deep dive into this topic dating back 20 years.
Some lunatic on the main boards has posted articles on the "major" TDL additions over the last decade or so. Maybe you can look at those for starters.

If you want to suggest that TDL additions are crucial, try to find a team that went from mediocrity to excellence due to acquiring players at the deadline. Naming teams that were already great isn't proving much of anything.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jpell007

Jan 16, 2015
Some lunatic on the main boards has posted articles on the "major" TDL additions over the last decade or so. Maybe you can look at those for starters.

If you want to suggest that TDL additions are crucial, try to find a team that went from mediocrity to excellence due to acquiring players at the deadline. Naming teams that were already great isn't proving much of anything.
All I'm saying is that you can easily support both arguments.

Lehkonen and Barbashev were absolute difference makers for COL/VGK.

Ditto Coleman & Goodrow.

Mediocre teams don't become excellent because they don't make the same kind of moves as teams who are already in the "contender" conversation. That said, Vegas could be considered mediocre up to this point... If they win again, would you agree the TDL was a driving force behind it?

Reactions: weslox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad