Player Discussion Tyler Seguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Its a reputation award and Tyler's rep will carry some stink for being run out of Boston for a long time.

Guess that mean MSL is done winning those ... :laugh:

Haven't even though about that angle for the little baby. Tanturms to leave your team aren't gentlemanly.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Can't wait to see him on Team Canada going forward.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Guess that mean MSL is done winning those ... :laugh:

Haven't even though about that angle for the little baby. Tanturms to leave your team aren't gentlemanly.

It's a fresh wound right now. I didn't really get a chance to say goodbye. I owe a lot to the fans. The same reason why they fell in love with me many years ago I think is the same reason why they probably understand what I'm all about. I think I'm a character guy. I know this is hard for them. I didn't take this decision lightly, but I knew it was the right one.

What a dick. lol

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
Dude's so good.

If anyone is wondering, yes, there is a thread about his game on the main board. And yes, there are people talking about how Seguin isn't any good because he only puts up his points in bunches and otherwise sucks.

....And yes, those people are ****ing bonkers.

MetalGodAOD*

And those people refuse to change their mind despite presented with facts. Cognitive dissonance at it's best.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
And those people refuse to change their mind despite presented with facts. Cognitive dissonance at it's best.

It's ridiculous. I don't know if they're the only ones to blame, but it seems the Boston media did quite a number on the guy's reputation. That really sucks, because not only is he a great player, but he seems like a good dude.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
It's ridiculous. I don't know if they're the only ones to blame, but it seems the Boston media did quite a number on the guy's reputation. That really sucks, because not only is he a great player, but he seems like a good dude.

Should be faded memory with a few years of awesome Stars playoff hockey!

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
As though scoring in bunches and putting teams away so you can basically rest your top guys, spread the minutes out, take a break mentally and in the case tonight maybe crush one of your playoff rivals spiritually for the remaining season. That looked like Vancouver gave up, Seguin and company eliminating them from the race can only be a good thing.

Only on HF are people arguing that scoring 5+ points in a game is a bad thing.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
already been said many times but lol at the main board

I've got to remind myself not to get into with some of those guys.

Bruin fans will convince themselves in every way shape and form that Seguin is an awful player that was never going to work in Boston just so they can feel better about the trade.

Would love nothing more than for Seguin to lead us to victory over them in the Cup Finals in the future. Would troll so hard.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I've got to remind myself not to get into with some of those guys.

Bruin fans will convince themselves in every way shape and form that Seguin is an awful player that was never going to work in Boston just so they can feel better about the trade.

Would love nothing more than for Seguin to lead us to victory over them in the Cup Finals in the future. Would troll so hard.

Seguin is a great player, and the trade had to be made from the Bruin's salary cap situation.

Bruins have a window with Chara that is closing and are in 'win now mode' which I'd assume you are well aware of.

Segs' wasn't the answer here in Boston and the trade has worked out rather well here, and will even more so when Eriksson gets going. He scored a nice goal for us tonight at least; Even though Smith has been awesome.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Lol, there are some frosty and bitter Bruins fans on the Bruins board. Talking major crap about us because they're butthurt their GM traded away a franchise player.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Seguin is a great player

Is he?

Wouldn't know at all from the amount of Boston fans that just want to bring him down, and have all season long. Your fans went off on him and have ever since. Your media tried to completely smear him. Your own franchise create a video trying to make excuse after excuse after excuse for it.

Smith has no doubt been a surprise, but he'll never be a Seguin or an Eriksson. And Eriksson definitely has never been in the same realm as Segs. Congrats on the next couple of years whatever comes y'all's way. But whatever does, I will be absolutely shocked if it is a direct result of Smith and Eriksson's play.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Is he?

Wouldn't know at all from the amount of Boston fans that just want to bring him down, and have all season long. Your fans went off on him and have ever since. Your media tried to completely smear him. Your own franchise create a video trying to make excuse after excuse after excuse for it.

Smith has no doubt been a surprise, but he'll never be a Seguin or an Eriksson. And Eriksson definitely has never been in the same realm as Segs. Congrats on the next couple of years whatever comes y'all's way. But whatever does, I will be absolutely shocked if it is a direct result of Smith and Eriksson's play.

I'm not one of them.;)

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Seguin's breakaway goal tonight was as Modano-esque as it gets. I'd be interested to see who win a race between Seguin and Mo.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I miss watching Mo and Sakic shoot, damn those guys had scary wristers, especially Sakic. That thing could make you jump while you were watching on TV it was so loud (when hitting the glass). In fact, I'm not sure if any wrister has ever put the fear in me that Sakic's did back in the good ol' days.

All this talk makes me wonder if the internet has some of the 7 game series between the Stars and Avs, or the 6 games against Buffalo. I haven't watched those since they happened, and my memory is terrible.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
All this talk makes me wonder if the internet has some of the 7 game series between the Stars and Avs, or the 6 games against Buffalo. I haven't watched those since they happened, and my memory is terrible.

Youtube is your friend.

Stars at one point had the entire playoff run on their website. Not sure if they still do or not. But was definitely a shot to remember how I viewed things back then compared to rewatching it.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I miss watching Mo and Sakic shoot, damn those guys had scary wristers, especially Sakic. That thing could make you jump while you were watching on TV it was so loud (when hitting the glass). In fact, I'm not sure if any wrister has ever put the fear in me that Sakic's did back in the good ol' days.

Sakic's wrist shot scared the hell out of me. Few players in the last 20 years come to mind who had as good of a backhand as Modano, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad