Tyler Plante faced 60 shots tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
John Agar said:
and the Brandon Wheat Kings beat Medicine Hat in a shoot out. Reg time score 3:3.

Keep an eye on Plante. Could be the Jr. Nat goalie. :amazed:

Great performance, but he's gonna need to impress to get the starting job for team Canada.

On a side note, Loïc Lacasse also had a wonderful performance blocking 56 out of the 60 shots against Quebec to lead Baie-Comeau to a 5-4 win; he also faced 25 scoring chances and got an assist!

Transported Upstater

John Agar said:
and the Brandon Wheat Kings beat Medicine Hat in a shoot out. Reg time score 3:3.

60 shots in the WHL?!?!? Wow...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
John Agar said:

lol... So did Loic Lacasse. No big deal.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
John Agar said:

I was at the game tonight and Plante was unbelievable. He's going to face thousands of pucks this year behind my poor Wheaties, but he's looking amazing so far!!!

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Flame away, but....

franchise player said:
lol... So did Loic Lacasse. No big deal.

Loic played behind Dupont last year and had a miserable save percentage overall.

Plante helped carry a Wheat Kings team with questionable team defense all the way to the WHL final last year. His performance tonight was no fluke.

Flame all you want. I'm just pointing out what I think will be an emerging player.

Loic has to have a full season, plus winning playoff games by himself before I would consider him an emerging top prospect.

Keep me up to date...I have been wrong before. :)

no Gino

May 16, 2005
John Agar said:

He's also been pulled 2 or 3 times this year.

wildslip

Sep 19, 2003
Kelowna
carey price will be the starting goalie and everyone shud no that and if they dont get it in ur head...

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
expofan said:

Hes also facing an average of 43 shots per night.
and has a horrendous defence.
and offense.

Plante at least should be in the running for a tryout for the junior team...wether or not he plays his way onto the team or into the lineup would be decided there.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Hes also facing an average of 43 shots per night.
and has a horrendous defence.
and offense.

Plante at least should be in the running for a tryout for the junior team...wether or not he plays his way onto the team or into the lineup would be decided there.

The strength of that team was supposed to be their defence, but they haven't played like it. It doesn't help that Louis is out but everyone was expecting a trade of a defensman to help their offence. The guys they have aren't cutting it.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Mercy rule

expofan said:
I believe Mcrimmond has pulled Plante because the games were way out of hand and why expose him night after night to 50 plus shots?? He hasn't been pulled because of poor performance.
He's facing the original shot and 1 or 2 rebounds shots before the defence come back to rescue him....

CoolburnIsGone

Well at least Florida grabbed a goaltender that can face his share of shots...just in case when Luongo leaves as an UFA ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad