Player Discussion Tyler Motte

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Not even the points, which are great, but he’s getting to play with much better 4th liners this year.

Happy to have him, would be nice to get him signed on the cheap for 1-2 years.
It can be done at 3 X $1.5 so long as the below happens

1) Othmann makes the team
2) Goodrow traded
3) zac jones 6D
4) Will Cuylle makes team
5) K’Andre and laff have reasonable deals

Reactions: Narcissus

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
It can be done at 3 X $1.5 so long as the below happens

1) Othmann makes the team
2) Goodrow traded
3) zac jones 6D
4) Will Cuylle makes team
5) K’Andre and laff have reasonable deals
The difference between a 1.5 mil AAV player and another player, presumably around 1 mil AAV, is 5 different prerequisites, one of which is a two parter?

• Haha
Reactions: bleedblue94

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Hot take from the GDT yesterday but I think this guy's game is very similar to, yet slightly better than, Carl Hagelin.

The engine and speed is very similar. Motte is physical where Hagelin wasn't. Hagelin played on the second line for us in a much less competitive league. Motte has near 0.5ppg this year on the 4th line. Had motte been slotted in to the second line instead of Hagelin, back in the 2010s, he would've much more. What I remember about Hagelin, not much scoring touch or nose for the net, where Motte beats him out. Both played PK. Somehow Hagelin found a ton of breakways if i recall correctly.

@Machinehead pointed out that Hagelin put up some good number in NY but I think given the same opportunity in the same era/lineup/etc, Motte would outpace

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hot take from the GDT yesterday but I think this guy's game is very similar to, yet slightly better than, Carl Hagelin.

The engine and speed is very similar. Motte is physical where Hagelin wasn't. Hagelin played on the second line for us in a much less competitive league. Motte has near 0.5ppg this year on the 4th line. Had motte been slotted in to the second line instead of Hagelin, back in the 2010s, he would've much more. What I remember about Hagelin, not much scoring touch or nose for the net, where Motte beats him out. Both played PK but somehow Hagelin found a ton of breakways if i recall correctly.

@Machinehead pointed out that Hagelin put up some good number in NY but I think given the same opportunity in the same era/lineup/etc, Motte would outpace
Actually I do see the similarity a lot.

It's just that you said Motte is Hagelin with a scoring touch and I was like "Motte has a a scoring touch?" /We'reTheMillers.gif

I do think ice time is a valid argument but you also have to into account that Hagelin was putting up 14-17 goals in a league where scoring 40 was headline news. If Pastrnak finishes hot, we're gonna have two 60 goal scorers. It's the 80's again.

I also think we over-remember how many breakaways guys get. If you get 8 clean breakaways in a season, that's a ton, and like 70% of them are saves. People used to say the same thing about Grabner but I can't remember him having a breakaway with the Rangers off the top of my head.

I do think they're similar and Hagelin got more opportunities in a different league. I don't think Motte is better at offense or has more skill.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Adding Motte and stapling vesey to line 4 has been such a blessing for this team. I was luke warm on him last year but just the way the 4th line has been able to maintain puck possession has been great.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
3 guys who all know their role and they all PK, big fan of the player and the trio as a whole, huge difference from years past and I think it will pay dividends
Pretty big upgrade from last year. Off the top of my head who did we have? Reaves (who coudln't keep up), Rooney who unfortunately couldn't handle a puck? Also Motte and Goodrow were hurt?
Reaves/Rooney with a splash of Nemeth almost cost us the series vs Pitt.

Reactions: savebyrichter94

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Pretty big upgrade from last year. Off the top of my head who did we have? Reaves (who coudln't keep up), Rooney who unfortunately couldn't handle a puck? Also Motte and Goodrow were hurt?
Reaves/Rooney with a splash of Nemeth almost cost us the series vs Pitt.
Yea there’s no more plodding 5 minute a night freeloaders, they can all contribute in multiple ways and give top guys a rest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad