Rumor: Tyler Motte available

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
They gotta try to keep him. Their Top 6 is virtually set with Stützle, Tkachuk, Debrincat, Giroux, Norris and Batherson. But their bottom 6 took a hit after losing Paul and Brown. Bottom 6 in the next couple of years looks decent with guys like Joseph, Pinto, Greig and Boucher who push Motte down to the 4th line where he can drive that line, not worry about production and focus on what he's best at; defending and killing penalties.

It seems like a good fit for both sides and probably costs them $1.5M to keep. They need some vets in that bottom 6.

If we trade him he should net us a 3rd. And it'll be great value for a contender.

Reactions: Yak

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
They gotta try to keep him. Their Top 6 is virtually set with Stützle, Tkachuk, Debrincat, Giroux, Norris and Batherson. But their bottom 6 took a hit after losing Paul and Brown. Bottom 6 in the next couple of years looks decent with guys like Joseph, Pinto, Greig and Boucher who push Motte down to the 4th line where he can drive that line, not worry about production and focus on what he's best at; defending and killing penalties.

It seems like a good fit for both sides and probably costs them $1.5M to keep. They need some vets in that bottom 6.

If we trade him he should net us a 3rd. And it'll be great value for a contender.

On paper, their 3rd line was supposed to be unreal.
Formenton - Pinto - Joseph

Greig - Pinto - Joseph is probably the 3rd line when healthy next year, and we need guys making under 1.000 on the 4th line to be able to balance out the cap well IMO.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

He's saying good job going out of your way to try to insult a team.

Instead of saying he's a good 3rd or 4th liner or something like "good 4th liner but can play on the third" but instead you made sure to make it be known that he's not on a playoff team.

Why are you so confused? Lol

Because Ottawa is a seller and sellers sell.

Try reading next time. Bolded and asked why it's weird timing.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
He's the one Sens UFA I wouldn't mind them brining back. Solid fit, but probably a 4th liner in Ottawa next year and they've got cheaper internal options. I honestly think he's good enough to get a 3rd, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a 4th and a body. I don't think I'd move him for anything less, probably makes more sense to ride it out at that point.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Is this rumour from a vetted source? It looks like a random Twitter account.

Assen na yo!
It's a rumour on HF Boards, how much vetting is really required. Also, Sens are not making the playoffs, not really a stretch to think Motte gets traded.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
If the Rangers had Motte this season their record would be just what it is now.

No reason to trade for him.
Let him help someone else win the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad