Injury Report: Tyler Johnson

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Too bad, him and Toews seemed to mesh well. I think part of reason (besides health) that Toews is off to a good start. I saw the line revisions, wonder who if anyone gets called up to replace TJ?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hopefully his injury is healed up and doesn't linger because he's a night and day better hockey player the past six games.
Yeah, I think TJ's injury had been affecting his play for quite a while. Before he arrived in Chicago his play in TB had tapered off to the point that he was playing limited minutes in a bottom-6 role. It was good to see the improved play after his neck surgery. Hopefully he will be back soon.

BTW ... no one mentioned it at the time or since but I think the cross-body by Barkov deserved a penalty. Yes, Barkov lost his balance but then made damn sure he took TJ out of the play. A sneaky, dirty hit in my book.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I understand it pisses me off he makes 5.5 million and never plays. I don't have issue with anything else about the team.
Brent Seabrook makes more and doesn't even try to play anymore. I don't get the issue with him and you even act like it was a bad trade. Which is very odd

Reactions: Pertti

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Mitchell has no future with the Hawks. If any team believed in him I’d imagine it wouldn’t cost much to trade for him.
It's time for you to admit this, Musto. Mitchell is weeks away from being 24 years old. He's probably not an NHL player. If he can't make the worst team in the league, how is he going to make a better team?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
YOU KNOW WHO HAS NO FUTURE WITH THE HAWKS???

CALEB JONES.
JACK JOHNSON.
JARRED TINORDI.

WHY ARE THEY PLAYING
The seasons not about the future, it's about tanking. The only players with a potential future playing are Kurashev and the 3rd string goalie Soderblom.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The seasons not about the future, it's about tanking. The only players with a potential future playing are Kurashev and the 3rd string goalie Soderblom.
Raddysh could potentially be a decent third liner going forward too. But that’s really the only “future” that’s on this team.

Along with Seth Jones because of contractural reasons, of course.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Interesting. Thought Mitchell would draw back in after the Vegas game.

Perhaps they are treating his development as extremely fragile and still want to take it slow, like the org has been preaching with prospects. Can't think of anything else unless they are shopping him, but it's not like he would return much of anything at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad