Tyler Johnson needs to be extended

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
As others have said, trade him at the deadline.

He's been a good soldier for us, but given his age, he won't be here for the long haul and if we can get a decent asset back for him, I see no reason not to move him.

Not to mention the fact that if we trade him at the deadline, he'll have a shot at the cup with whichever team he goes to. He's got two already, sure, but what player doesn't want another shot at Lord Stanley? Especially someone in their 30s?

It's in everyone's best interest if he's moved.

Reactions: Wally1112pac

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
It was all ready reported that he was available, one positive in regard to the start is. most of the 1 year contract players. Perry,. TJ, Dickson, foligno and Mzarek all have looked good. my guess is 2 of them will be traded with 50% retained at some point. Foligno and Perry probably only if they are open to being traded. .

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Im thinking Foligno stays for another year. Johnson and Perry get moved. Mrazek Im not sure anyone will want.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Waiting for that one T Johnson hater to chime in...

But realistically, it's only a matter of time before he gets hurt. If he doesn't, he's getting traded at the deadline.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
As others have said, trade him at the deadline.

He's been a good soldier for us, but given his age, he won't be here for the long haul and if we can get a decent asset back for him, I see no reason not to move him.

Not to mention the fact that if we trade him at the deadline, he'll have a shot at the cup with whichever team he goes to. He's got two already, sure, but what player doesn't want another shot at Lord Stanley? Especially someone in their 30s?

It's in everyone's best interest if he's moved.
Agreed. I like TJ but even if he was younger I don't think he would fit into our plans. He always has had good wheels but he is small and plays small plus he is injury prone.

I hope he can stay healthy before the TD where we may be able to fetch something (perhaps a later round draft pick).

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
He has had 2 good games since he got here, and you want to extend him?:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
When he’s played, he’s very reliable and has invaluable leadership
He clicked with Kubalik and Toews to end the 2021-22 season(which he missed a lot of time) and had kind of a rebound season last year…he’s been better than ‘just two games’

Reactions: ClydeLee

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he said this is the first time he has been healthy as a hawk. if he can score at a 50 + point pace he returns a min of 2nd at 50% retained. Perry probably more like a 3rd 50% retained if he is at a 35-40 pt pace. Mzarek has played well but my guess is he comes back to earth and has no value. Dickenson at 2.75 probably is a 4/5 th with no retention. it would be great with the later picks instead of trading picks swap picks. get a 2nd for perry and give up a 3rd and get 3rd for dickson and give up a 4th. we have plenty of total picks be nice to focus on getting upgraded picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad